Anyone know how to make Super Jukebox work?

Announce new emulators, discuss which games run best under each emulator, and much much more.

Moderator: General Mods

Lucavious

Anyone know how to make Super Jukebox work?

Post by Lucavious »

My favorite SPC player program by far, but any attempts to minimize the program result in an immediate crash.

Anyone know why this is? I've tried finding other programs but nothing else has the ability to output to WAV or have as good an interface.
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

SNESAmp coupled with Winamp's DiskWriter plugin can output to WAV.

Personally, I've never got Super Jukebox to work properly. I find the whole program very cumbersome to use, not to mention unstable.

Plus, it's old as fuck.
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
Nightcrawler
Romhacking God

Post by Nightcrawler »

Been there, done this a few months ago:

http://board.zsnes.com/phpBB2/viewtopic ... er+jukebox

Boot God made an unofficial version that works great in XP. I've been using it for a few years now with no issues.

Super Jukebox is also my favorite player. No other player gives you the visual hardware information like that.
[url=http://transcorp.romhacking.net]TransCorp[/url] - Home of the Dual Orb 2, Cho Mahou Tairyku Wozz, and Emerald Dragon SFC/SNES translations.
[url=http://www.romhacking.net]ROMhacking.net[/url] - The central hub of the ROM hacking community.
franpa
Gecko snack

Post by franpa »

mos sound cards are full duplex and can record what they output, so you could use "microsoft sound recorder" and recored whats currently playing.
Core i7 920 @ 2.66GHZ | ASUS P6T Motherboard | 8GB DDR3 1600 RAM | Gigabyte Geforce 760 4GB | Windows 10 Pro x64
Lucavious

Post by Lucavious »

Nightcrawler wrote:Been there, done this a few months ago:

http://board.zsnes.com/phpBB2/viewtopic ... er+jukebox

Boot God made an unofficial version that works great in XP. I've been using it for a few years now with no issues.

Super Jukebox is also my favorite player. No other player gives you the visual hardware information like that.
Nightcrawler, you are my friggin' mother. Thank you!
Cobra951
Rookie

Post by Cobra951 »

I just registered here to thank you for the link to SJ 3.2. I've been living with the buggy 3.1 version for ages. While there are other SPC solutions that work OK, I always come back to SJ for delving into details and for dumping to WAVs, even knowing that it was going to crash half the time. 3.2 works perfectly so far. I'm listening to some SPCs right now, as I do browser stuff--something unthinkable with 3.1.

I'm not sure what the separate "3.3" file does. I'm using it, assuming that it has something better, even if they didn't bother to bump the version number from 3.2. Both exe's max out my CPU on zamn-02.spc if I use the float mixing mode. Int works fine for casual listening. I'll save float for dumping to WAVs.

Thanks again!

Edit: Ah, I should have posted in the thread Nightcrawler linked. I must have hit the Back button once too many after registering. No matter. Thank you very much, Nightcrawler.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

Cobra951 wrote:I'm not sure what the separate "3.3" file does.
Mainly JMA support.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54