no$gba

Announce new emulators, discuss which games run best under each emulator, and much much more.

Moderator: General Mods

I.S.T.
Zealot

Post by I.S.T. »

You do not know of the adapters Nintendo put out for the GBASP/DS that would let you use headphones?
byuu

Post by byuu »

I think I can see your principles fighting with your desire to play with a new (version of an) emulator. :D
Honestly, I've just been buying the DS games. I really like the DS form factor and portability. Plus, the stylus is just no fun with a mouse.

But as of late, there's been no DS games I've wanted to buy. Zelda: PH's controls (and graphics) were a big let-down, and as predicted, Square-Enix is shafting us on the new DQ remakes.

Still, if I bought and played more than one game a month, an emulator would be invaluable for "evaluating" them before buying :)
Y~K
Hazed

Post by Y~K »

2.5$gba is a nice NDS emu.

Altho I don't play that much anymore, it allowed me to check the new gen portable games, and I must say they rock, and they have the good old game boy feeling... I doubt I will beat any NDS game as I don't have the time anymore but it was worth the 2.5 bucks (~1.5 EURO) to get that feeling again...
neo_bahamut1985
-Burninated-

Post by neo_bahamut1985 »

Square Enix is always shafting us on remakes...like you said, Dragon Quest IV to VI. このくそったれ is what I say (Eng "screw them").
俺はテメエの倒す男だ! 宜しく! お前はもう死んでいる...
Panzer88
Inmate

Post by Panzer88 »

don' t you know, Americans hate teh dragonz warr. ;)
[quote="byuu"]Seriously, what kind of asshole makes an old-school 2D emulator that requires a Core 2 to get full speed? [i]>:([/i] [/quote]
neo_bahamut1985
-Burninated-

That's okay, I know this is WOT, but, I downloaded DQIV just to get even w/square enix for the following; for not releasing any of the Final Fantasies, Chrono series, Mario RPG or other cool SNES RPGs on the virtual console. That's why I did it. Either that, I'll resort to putting the Snes ROMs on an SD card and load them on a gamecube in the mean time. But hey, keep in mind that this is merely my biased opinion. And I've heard on wikipedia the reason they don't add them is due to "copyright issues". Well, if they own the copyrights to the original games, what in blazes is stopping them!?
DancemasterGlenn
Veteran

Post by DancemasterGlenn »

neo_bahamut1985 wrote:I downloaded DQIV just to get even w/square enix
Man, I bet you showed them.
neo_bahamut1985
-Burninated-

What I meant was, if Square Enix owns the rights to those games, what's stopping them from putting them on the VC?
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

neo_bahamut1985 wrote:That's okay, I know this is WOT, but, I downloaded DQIV just to get even w/square enix for the following; for not releasing any of the Final Fantasies, Chrono series, Mario RPG or other cool SNES RPGs on the virtual console. That's why I did it. Either that, I'll resort to putting the Snes ROMs on an SD card and load them on a gamecube in the mean time. But hey, keep in mind that this is merely my biased opinion. And I've heard on wikipedia the reason they don't add them is due to "copyright issues". Well, if they own the copyrights to the original games, what in blazes is stopping them!?
Trusting Wikipedia is your first mistake. Especially on an issue with multi-fanboy issue(Nintendo fanboys AND Squeenix fanboys colliding)

Though there's a real possibility that's an issue on Super Mario RPG, I'd bet money that FF and CT aren't hindered in any way. Especaily since they've ported them to other platforms.

Seems like it's just the same old argument. Only last time I heard it, they were whining either about how Nintendo was gonna sue because Square didn't have the rights to release CT and FF<7 on a non-Nintendo platform or how badass it was gonna be when Mario RPG came out on the PS ANY DAY NOW.

I hate fanboys.
neo_bahamut1985
-Burninated-

I stand corrected. What confused me is this http://www.nintendowiifanboy.com/2006/1 ... l-console/ They apparently support it...
Clements
Randomness

Post by Clements »

neo_bahamut1985 wrote:That's okay, I know this is WOT, but, I downloaded DQIV just to get even w/square enix for the following; for not releasing any of the Final Fantasies, Chrono series, Mario RPG or other cool SNES RPGs on the virtual console.
Europe got none of these games as originals, so Square Enix has been good to you.