Help me complete my library.

Announce new emulators, discuss which games run best under each emulator, and much much more.

Moderator: General Mods

_willow_
Hazed

Post by _willow_ »

You seems do not read me. Can you run the ROM image right from the ROM site? :idea: The whole idea of it is like library - you go through the catalogue, then select the title, it's edition, associated patches and guess what's to do then? Just run it, do not copy. Like a flash game but not in the browser environment.
[url=http://quake2xp.quakedev.com]quake2xp[/url] audio engineer
King Of Chaos
Trooper

Post by King Of Chaos »

No, nothing like this is possible, nor is it really practical to be honest. GameTap is as close as you can get, otherwise, it's not possible.
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

I believe some sites do this by design.. I think Consoleclassix or whatever...

That system is a paysite though.

This system normally wouldn't be done because of bandwidth costs (it is cheaper to just allow downloading than to sending that info on demand).
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
franpa
Gecko snack

Post by franpa »

MOD EDIT: Don't even bother to mention the site either.

allows playing online >.> if it is not legal to even do this then, ok i'll remove it..
Core i7 920 @ 2.66GHZ | ASUS P6T Motherboard | 8GB DDR3 1600 RAM | Gigabyte Geforce 760 4GB | Windows 10 Pro x64
I.S.T.
Zealot

Post by I.S.T. »

That shit is anti-legal. That is how illegal it is.

Sites like that have been around for years. First heard about 'em four years ago. I'm surprised people here don't know about 'em...
Thebullfrog wrote:So PSX is goin smoothly. SSF is giving me troubles though. It may just be the image I found, but Panzer Dragoon Saga will only play the opening intro, then it bounces back into the BIOS. I also have the program freeze up and throw out error messages a lot.

Other than that I've completed the Master System library and am working on GBA as we speak. VBA and finding some ROMS. Most games on there suck, so I'm really just picking out the good ones on there. This is becoming an obsession LOL. There any good Turbograffix 16 Emu's out there? Oohh, I gotta get MAME again.....
Use VBA-M or no$GBA. They'll both work much better than VBA.

Edit: Shit, I double posted. Sorry, moderator people.

MOD EDIT: MERGED
Thebullfrog
Rookie

Post by Thebullfrog »

hmmm really? I'll look into those then. Never had a problem with VBA in the past, but can't hurt to explore all the options, thank's.
I.S.T.
Zealot

Post by I.S.T. »

VBA-M has more accurate sound and(IIRC, anyway) core emulation, and has a whole lot more options to play around with.

No$GBA has very few options to play with, but it's the most accurate emulator for the GBA period.
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

franpa wrote:www.franpa-is-an-idiot-and-posted-a-ROM-link.com

allows playing online >.> if it is not legal to even do this then, ok i'll remove it..
No, you moron. It's NOT legal.

Aren't ROM links a bannable offense?
franpa
Gecko snack

Post by franpa »

i didnt link to roms >.>
Core i7 920 @ 2.66GHZ | ASUS P6T Motherboard | 8GB DDR3 1600 RAM | Gigabyte Geforce 760 4GB | Windows 10 Pro x64
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

I'd rather not test that.
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
franpa
Gecko snack

Post by franpa »

ok, sorry then.
I.S.T.
Zealot

Post by I.S.T. »

Deathlike2 wrote:I'd rather not test that.
it is workable, for the five people that saw it.

Still, quite stupid to link to it, franpa. I thought you knew better.
franpa
Gecko snack

Post by franpa »

i did not link to roms, i linked to a online arcade >.>
I.S.T.
Zealot

Post by I.S.T. »

Which was using obviously pirated roms with their java emulators.
franpa
Gecko snack

Post by franpa »

i did not see a way to downlaod roms from that site.
mudlord
has wat u liek

Post by mudlord »

i did not see a way to downlaod roms from that site.
But the fact remains that you linked to a illegal site, period. :? Justifying its legality by saying you not linking to ROMs is quite stupid, when in fact, when you run the Java applet, it executes on your computer, thus using the illegal ROMs present there. :roll: Which is just as bad.
Yes.
Thebullfrog
Rookie

Post by Thebullfrog »

Holy thread derailment batman.
_willow_
Hazed

Post by _willow_ »

franpa
Ok, i have seen the link and that is pretty close to the idea of the virtual drive (network drive perhaps) with roms.

all
Please calm down, this issue was not any kind of offensive post with illegal shares but the topic related post. The mods better to rename the topic to "Help me complete my collection" not "Help me complete my library" to avoid future confuses as i'm associate the library term with a public stocks
[url=http://quake2xp.quakedev.com]quake2xp[/url] audio engineer
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

_willow_ wrote:The mods better (...) to avoid future confuses as i'm associate the library term with a public stocks
We don't really care what you associate with what. You're not really in position to ask anything like changing the topic for your own sake.

And... you'd better read the posts that are in a thread before blindly replying to what you associated the topic with.
This tip free of charge, ain't that nice.
Last edited by grinvader on Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

_willow_ wrote:franpa
Ok, i have seen the link and that is pretty close to the idea of the virtual drive (network drive perhaps) with roms.

all
Please calm down, this issue was not any kind of offensive post with illegal shares but the topic related post. The mods better to rename the topic to "Help me complete my collection" not "Help me complete my library" to avoid future confuses as i'm associate the library term with a public stocks
All threads go off-topic. It's the law of the internet.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

Gil_Hamilton wrote:All threads go off-topic. It's the law of the internet.
And then comes hitler.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

The question is...
Are you a bad enough dude to rescue the thread?
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

Make it so.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Post by adventure_of_link »

mudlord wrote:
Yes.
however as of late usually first offences don't earn a ban

it's when you do it over and over
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
Thebullfrog
Rookie

Post by Thebullfrog »

Um, wow. Anywho: Still can't get SSF to run. Tried a different copy of Panzer Dragoon Saga with the same result. I just can't get it to work. Haven't tried any other games yet, but I'll probably look into it in a bit. Now I do have a noob question though. WTF are you supposed to do with the .cue files that come with some of the images. I have one for SotN, and PSX always complains about it not being there but it runs fine anyway. It also complains that my other games don't have it, but they run. Panzer Dragoon also came with them. What are they for/do and what am I supposed to be doing with them. I tried adding them on to the disk, but both NERO and PowerISO say that it's an invalid format (despite them both having .CUE listed in the search options when they look for image files).