NullDC makes Soinc Adventure impossible to complete

Announce new emulators, discuss which games run best under each emulator, and much much more.

Moderator: General Mods

Panzer88
Inmate

Post by Panzer88 »

yeah, as sad as it is that it's compressed that was actually fucking brilliant what they did with skies, what bothers me is like Shenmue 2 where they removed a ton of the audio.
[quote="byuu"]Seriously, what kind of asshole makes an old-school 2D emulator that requires a Core 2 to get full speed? [i]>:([/i] [/quote]
powerspike
Regular

Post by powerspike »

That really blows for Shenmue 2, but there was no way around that. The audio for the game was already compressed so they had no choice. On the other hand it's not like anyone here actually understands that much Japanese. At least I don't think they had dubbing for the European release of the game. I've only played a little bit of the Xbox one, but never beat it due to my system dieing. Well it was used so I didn't expect it to last that long. One of these days I'll get the Dreamcast version of the second game. I really loved the first game because they had so many nice little touches to it down to the arcade with playable games.
Panzer88
Inmate

Post by Panzer88 »

powerspike wrote:That really blows for Shenmue 2, but there was no way around that. The audio for the game was already compressed so they had no choice. On the other hand it's not like anyone here actually understands that much Japanese. At least I don't think they had dubbing for the European release of the game. I've only played a little bit of the Xbox one, but never beat it due to my system dieing. Well it was used so I didn't expect it to last that long. One of these days I'll get the Dreamcast version of the second game. I really loved the first game because they had so many nice little touches to it down to the arcade with playable games.
yeah there was no way around it, but even if you can't understand the language it definitely adds a layer of immersion.

if you could emulate it you could carry your file from Shenmue 1 over to the PAL version of Shenmue II, which is awesome.

also if you ever get a 360 you could always play the XBOX version on that.
[quote="byuu"]Seriously, what kind of asshole makes an old-school 2D emulator that requires a Core 2 to get full speed? [i]>:([/i] [/quote]
powerspike
Regular

Post by powerspike »

I doubt I'd need to emulate it. Game Shark CDX + VGA BOX + PAL Version = fun. I'd probably have a bitch of a time finding a copy of the PAL game though. All of the copies I found on ebay were the xbox version or the Japanese Dreamcast version.