Getting better performance for PJ64

Announce new emulators, discuss which games run best under each emulator, and much much more.

Moderator: General Mods

neo_bahamut1985
-Burninated-

Getting better performance for PJ64

Post by neo_bahamut1985 »

Just a performance question. Lately, I've been seeing framerate dips in PJ64 1.6, Glide 64 Public Release 1.0, Jabo's DirectSound 1.6(sound sync on) and my current GPU settings are as follows Image But no matter what settings I choose, the VI/s fluctuate from 58/60 to 60/60 and there are some pauses in the sound and it's bugging the crap out of me. This happens on games that aren't even tough on the N64 hardware (i.e. Mario Kart/Goemon's Great Adventure). What are the best overall settings for this? My hardware is not an issue, BTW.
俺はテメエの倒す男だ! 宜しく! お前はもう死んでいる...
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

Do said hitches happen with other plugins? IIRC, I remember getting small-ish hitches when playing Paper Mario, but I haven't really playtested the Napalm release yet.

Does disabling Anisotropic Filtering amount to anything? What about Disabling VSync?

Also, for you to take true advantage of what Glide64 has to offer, you should really keep Use Framebuffer Objects enabled. Plus, don't use Sync Game to Audio, unless a game really needs it.
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
neo_bahamut1985
-Burninated-

Post by neo_bahamut1985 »

Hmm, disabling Vsync and turning on Framebuffer Objects seemed to help...lemme see if this is not a fluke....I'd disable Sync game to Audio, but most games have annoying crackling; I'll keep it on.
俺はテメエの倒す男だ! 宜しく! お前はもう死んでいる...
mudlord
has wat u liek

Post by mudlord »

http://www.emuxhaven.net/forums/showthread.php?t=6123

Go there.

koolsmoky made some more texture loading optimizations since the last public release of the wrapper. It might help out a lil' in your case.