Dolphin is now Open Source

Announce new emulators, discuss which games run best under each emulator, and much much more.

Moderator: General Mods

Clements
Randomness

Dolphin is now Open Source

Post by Clements »

The source code of Dolphin, a Gamecube emulator, has been released! Apparently, certain Wii games are showing screens.
We hereby release the source code of Dolphin and most of its plugins under the GPL 2.0.

You can check out the code using Subversion (we recommend TortoiseSVN), from our new repository at Google Code. .

A few new features are included:

* New OpenGL graphics plugin by zerofrog
* Basic patch/cheat system (no search yet), support for decrypted Action Replay codes
* Much faster JIT in 32-bit, slightly faster in 64-bit
* Basic Wii support (plays a couple of intro movies, starts zelda, no working wiimote)
* Some more I forgot about right now, see them as bonuses..

With the new gfx plugin, the code mostly builds and even runs a bit on Linux, but games don't work yet. There's now a cross platform wxWidgets GUI.

We'll release some new official builds soon, too.

Compatibility has not increased since the last release, but speed has in many cases.

Dolphin is currently not in a super polished state, but we hope that the community can help fix that, and maybe in the long run also add more features and compatibility. If anyone has a new feature or fix and wants SVN write access, just contact us and we'll add you to the project. Or you could just fork the whole thing, but that would probably be annoying

Have fun,

/ ector & F|RES
Related thread:

http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?t=44926

Repository:

http://code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu/
I.S.T.
Zealot

Post by I.S.T. »

FUCKING AWESOME
DancemasterGlenn
Veteran

Post by DancemasterGlenn »

Yay! This is quite exciting. I hope that the linux "port" (/just being cross-platform) works out well in the future. Good job, Dolphin team.
I bring the trouble.
Clements
Randomness

Post by Clements »

Binaries for Windows (x86 and x64) have now been released.
Ichinisan
Veteran

Post by Ichinisan »

Does Wii support require a NAND dump? I hear that various games request the IOS environments from previous firmware versions, so all Wii firmwares contain several older IOS environments.
Need a new sig...