Question for emulator authors

Announce new emulators, discuss which games run best under each emulator, and much much more.

Moderator: General Mods

ZH/Franky

Question for emulator authors

Post by ZH/Franky »

As emulator programmers do you spend more time playing games on the emulator you develop, or do you spend more time studying the system that your program emulates?
Nach
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Nach »

I spend most of my time writing code for the emulator.
May 9 2007 - NSRT 3.4, now with lots of hashing and even more accurate information! Go download it.

Post by grinvader »

I usually go half-half.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
mudlord
has wat u liek

Post by mudlord »

As emulator programmers do you spend more time playing games on the emulator you develop, or do you spend more time studying the system that your program emulates?
As much as MooglyGuy thinks all people who did some N64 emulation work, pirate and do it all for the praise of ROM kiddies, I do what I do for the coding. Games come secondary.

Take that MG. Now quit treating us like dirt. We treat you guys with respect, so why don't you treat us like that back?
alexz721
Regular

Post by alexz721 »

Probably cause he's a bit of a dick.
HOW ARE YOU MERRY GENTLEMEN
powerspike
Regular

Post by powerspike »

He wont quit treating people like dirt because that's just how Mooglyguy is. Hell he was even banned from the mame message board awhile back.
mudlord
has wat u liek

Post by mudlord »

He wont quit treating people like dirt because that's just how Mooglyguy is. Hell he was even banned from the mame message board awhile back.
That certainly explains a lot. :o

I just find his views extremely offensive, especially with his "Mission Statement" blog post. I certainly don't work on stuff like Rice Video and Glide64 for warez and praise. I do it for the code mainly.

Heck, I think the MAME devs rock. I know Haze certainly has perfectly reasonable views, so does byuu. :P . I just can't stand how MG has the nerve & reasoning to slander other people based on how people do things.

Sure, I admit N64 emulation is kinda in a rut, but that is no excuse to downright insult people based on what choices devs make. Afterall, its thier project. I respect what byuu is doing with BSNES a lot, I respect what Refraction is doing with PCSX2. And I respect what AamirM is doing with Regen. And I certainly don't think insulting people, just on thier views and approaches on emulation is nice.