PSX Memory Card for Windows

Announce new emulators, discuss which games run best under each emulator, and much much more.

Moderator: General Mods

shadowofshades

PSX Memory Card for Windows

Post by shadowofshades »

I don't know if there's already a thread about this but I've looked all over and didn't see one but if there is already I apologize for this post.

I've been going mad trying to find out where I'm supposed to download a file that will work as a memory card for my zsnezw so I can do in game saves. Could somebody please direct me to where I can download such a file?

Mode Edit: Thread title fixed.
DancemasterGlenn
Veteran

Post by DancemasterGlenn »

Wow.

Just... wow.

EDIT: No, you know what? That's not right. I'm assuming you're very, VERY new to this. I'm going to assume the only other emulator you have is for the ps1. I'm going to assume, hell, maybe you never owned a super nintendo. I can't just write you off as some idiot because you came here asking for something that not only doesn't exist, but in fact, isn't even necessary if you've actually used the emulator before.

Systems with memory cards get emulated with "memory cards". The super nintendo did not use memory cards. Therefore...? Read the manual for zsnes, and go from there. You will find what you're looking for.
I bring the trouble.
Aaron
Lurker

Post by Aaron »

Therefore... Super Nintendo games had internal save RAM to save game saves to. ;)
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

There are no such things as SNES memory cards.

There are such things as in-game saving that saves data to a hard drive.

Carry on.
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

SNES hard drive ? "lol"

The closest to snes memory cards would be those sufami turbo and/or bs-x extension thingies.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
shadowofshades

Post by shadowofshades »

oh wait, lmao, of course you all would think I'm an idiot. I was half asleep when I posted that message so I put the wrong system. I'm fine with the ZSNES best emulator I've ever used. I meant to ask if anyone would know of a site that could help me with my PSX emulator. That's the one I need a memory card for.
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

Moved and renamed thread title before someone mocks the op further.
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Post by adventure_of_link »

well what do you need help with?

if it's memory cards, IIRC ePSXe comes with two memory card image files by default. And you should be able to use them in any PSX emulator (I remember using them in pSX, the images worked like a charm :))
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
shadowofshades

Post by shadowofshades »

Basically that's what I'm needing help with. I didn't see anything like that while I was looking through the files. All I saw was text files that say Store Here or something like that. So I take it that I have to download images of my own and save them in the card file.
neo_bahamut1985
-Burninated-

Post by neo_bahamut1985 »

Maybe a Memcard Manager on a PSX emulator, but...a Windows memory card??
俺はテメエの倒す男だ! 宜しく! お前はもう死んでいる...
shadowofshades

Post by shadowofshades »

Nevermind the Windows part I was half asleep on the first message so I put in stuff for the wrong emulator. I thought about a Memcard Manager but I don't know enough about them to figure out how to use them plus almost everyone I've downloaded hasn't worked so I uninstalled them and now I'm still trying to find a very good but simple one I can use.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

Just create new files called whatever you want with valid memcard extension. Then configure your emu to load them,run the ps1 BIOS and format them. Then make a funny face and profit.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
shadowofshades

Post by shadowofshades »

Yeah...I have no clue how to do that. This is my first time playing on a PS Emulator...finally got tired of my games constantly skipping and freezing on me.
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

Create and empty file with the .mcr extension or make a duplicate of one of the existing memory card files. Select your new file (or the copy) as an active memory card and then boot the PSX BIOS menu and format the new "card" in the Memory Card Manager window.
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
tvtoon
Rookie

Post by tvtoon »

The question is: do you want to create a NEW memory card file or do you want to just use one with the emulator?

Every emulator I tried out (giving names: AdriPSX, PSXeven, Connectix VGS, Bleem, pSX, ePSXe and PCSX) create memory card files at startup, so you can just move those included inside the emulator folder and execute the emulator again to have more, if you really don't want to know what you are doing...

PCSX has a good memory card manager, Neill Corlett and Aldo Vargas have another ones that you should try too and, personally, I like the Aldo's Tools. :)
[url=http://s131.photobucket.com/albums/p308/tvtoon/Avatares/th_tvlogo.png]GO LOGO, GO![/url]
<Renze> "IRC, where men are men, women are men, and 14 year old girls are FBI agents"
escapee
Rookie

Post by escapee »

Create a text file, change the .txt extension to .mcr. You can have as many as you feel you need, just name them differently.

Memcard files aren't anything special for which you need to scour the internet looking.
KingMike
Rookie

Post by KingMike »

Deathlike2 wrote:There are no such things as SNES memory cards.
Does TurboFile count?
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

KingMike wrote:
Deathlike2 wrote:There are no such things as SNES memory cards.
Does TurboFile count?
That's a memory BOX! :P

Satellaview mini-carts, maybe?
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

Gil_Hamilton wrote:Satellaview mini-carts, maybe?
... Why are you missing my posts so often lately ? ;_;
皆黙って俺について来い!!

I.S.T.
Zealot

Post by I.S.T. »

He hates you because you left him.

INTERNET BOARD DRAMA
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

grinvader wrote:
Gil_Hamilton wrote:Satellaview mini-carts, maybe?
... Why are you missing my posts so often lately ? ;_;
Because it was in a different forum when you posted that. I don't reread the entire thread every time.

IST: grinvader isn't the one who left.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

Gil_Hamilton wrote:I don't reread the entire thread every time.
INCONCEIVABLE
皆黙って俺について来い!!