Turbo Engine 16 emulator by AamirM

Announce new emulators, discuss which games run best under each emulator, and much much more.

Moderator: General Mods

demonatas

Post by demonatas »

I, for one, think that would be awesome. But i'm biased obviously. Keep up the good work either way though. You're doing an awesome job.
Validus
Rookie

Post by Validus »

YES PLEASE!! i chek your site everyday waiting for the next release!! I HATE magic engine and the whole PCengineFX community!! So i am biased against them and their BS
Dullaron
Lurker

Post by Dullaron »

Look like the new Magic Engine version will never make it out alive. :twisted:
Window Vista Home Premium 32-bit / Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.40Ghz / 3.00 GB RAM / Nvidia GeForce 8500 GT
AamirM
Regen Developer
Regen Developer

Post by AamirM »

Dullaron wrote:Look like the new Magic Engine version will never make it out alive. :twisted:
Oh please don't say that. Magic Engine is a very good emulator and it'd be sad not to see another release.

I guess I'll do a release soon with the fix then.
Validus
Rookie

Post by Validus »

I only hate magic engine because they charge (or ATTEMPT to charge lol) and i hate PCengineFX because they banned me years ago for no reason. Say my name "Validus" over there and they go crazy even till this day lol

I bet they are going to love me when i release my "Sinibad" for the PC Engine translation though
Neo Kaiser
Veteran

Post by Neo Kaiser »

The reason why I dislike Magic Engine is that they changed the control mapping from 10.0 onwards. The control mapping is a pain in the ass. About Turbo Engine 16, I'll use it when I build my Bloomfield PC. (I'm not sure about the Lynnfield they seem like a budget version.)
Yes I know that my grammar sucks!
kode54
Zealot

Post by kode54 »

Neo Kaiser wrote:About Turbo Engine 16, I'll use it when I build my Bloomfield PC. (I'm not sure about the Lynnfield they seem like a budget version.)
You may want to take a look at this article first, heh.
Neo Kaiser
Veteran

Post by Neo Kaiser »

kode54 wrote:
Neo Kaiser wrote:About Turbo Engine 16, I'll use it when I build my Bloomfield PC. (I'm not sure about the Lynnfield they seem like a budget version.)
You may want to take a look at this article first, heh.
Thanks I will stay with Bloomfield as I want to build a multi- purpose PC. Surely that Turbo Engine 16 should run without problems on a i7 processor. Right now I'm using my dad's PC who have a Anthlon XP but it don't have the SSE2 instruction that Turbo Engine 16 use to run and soon I have to return this PC to my father. Thanks for the information on those processors.
Validus
Rookie

Post by Validus »

Hope the update comes around before the end of November !!!
kode54
Zealot

Post by kode54 »

But the Core i5 is probably cheaper in the long run, and the dual channel memory is cheaper than triple channel, and possibly still as fast, if not faster. Oh well, whatever you decide is best, I guess.
odditude
Official tech support dood

Post by odditude »

unless you're planning on extreme overclocking, using a multi-gpu setup, and/or planning to buy a hex-core gulftown as a drop-in replacement, there's no reason to choose bloomfield over lynnfield.
Why yes, my shift key *IS* broken.
AamirM
Regen Developer
Regen Developer

Post by AamirM »

Validus wrote:Hope the update comes around before the end of November !!!
Oh, if I wanted to I could release it today :P . But I do one thing at a time and right now I am fixing stuff in Regen. But yeah, it should be before December (heck, even this month if I don't feel lazy :P ).

And why all this talk about powerful processors? The 0.4 (which is still not complete though) should be able to run even on PSP :P.
Neo Kaiser
Veteran

Post by Neo Kaiser »

AamirM wrote:
Validus wrote:Hope the update comes around before the end of November !!!
Oh, if I wanted to I could release it today :P . But I do one thing at a time and right now I am fixing stuff in Regen. But yeah, it should be before December (heck, even this month if I don't feel lazy :P ).

And why all this talk about powerful processors? The 0.4 (which is still not complete though) should be able to run even on PSP :P.
Take your time there's no need to rush. Just do it when the time is right. BTW the problem with the i9 is that it will be Extreme Edition only and I will never buy Extreme Edition brands as they are for the rich. Now I'm undecided again as I can't spend more than $1200 on a tower and there is no free shipping on PR in newegg. I will see if I can get combos with Lynnfields. I'll post abouth it in another thread to no go so off topic. Either way Turbo Engine 16 will run like water on my new PC.
odditude

Post by odditude »

Neo Kaiser wrote:BTW the problem with the i9
uhm, nobody mentioned anything about the i9 until you just did right there.
Neo Kaiser
Veteran

Post by Neo Kaiser »

odditude wrote:
Gulftown is the i9. I have not seen any i7 or i5 called Gulftown.
odditude

Post by odditude »

Neo Kaiser wrote:
odditude wrote:
Gulftown is the i9. I have not seen any i7 or i5 called Gulftown.
ah, i was under the impression there were going to be gulftowns branded as i7 as well.

...and sorry AamirM, </derail>
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

Neo Kaiser wrote:I will never buy Extreme Edition brands as they are for the rich.
whats
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
I.S.T.
Zealot

Post by I.S.T. »

EE CPUs usually cost like 1000 whatever your currency is.
AamirM
Regen Developer
Regen Developer

Post by AamirM »

Neo Kaiser wrote:Take your time there's no need to rush.
I was talking about releasing it the CD ROM sound fix only :P . 0.4 is still a bit far (perhaps next year maybe).
Validus
Rookie

Post by Validus »

IM happy with the CDROM fix only, since i will be only using your EMU to play RPGs. thanks
Neo Kaiser
Veteran

Post by Neo Kaiser »

I'm looking forward to that CD sound fix version so I can test it with Ys IV and Xanadu.
AamirM
Regen Developer
Regen Developer

Post by AamirM »

Its decided then, I'll do a release with the audio fix in a few days (most probably next week).
Neo Kaiser
Veteran

Post by Neo Kaiser »

OK but I won't be able to play it in a month because of the needed PC that I must build. TE16 is growing into a amazing emulator and I want to see how these new versions work.
Validus
Rookie

Post by Validus »

Thank you bro, you are the BEST!!! This will be my christmas gift this year!!!
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

Christmas at hallowe'en... been there done that.

Hail to the pumpkin king.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54