Question about Snes9x GX

Announce new emulators, discuss which games run best under each emulator, and much much more.

Moderator: General Mods

neo_bahamut1985
-Burninated-

Question about Snes9x GX

Post by neo_bahamut1985 »

I know this may sound a little odd (and maybe off topic), but this about Snes9xGX v005 (which came out last week) about it's sound. Keep in mind that for GCN/Wii emulator, Snes9x ain't half bad. My question is, is there a way to sync the sound (Async) like in the Windows/Linux port? Just curious. Out of all Snes9x GX variations, this seems to have the best core (1.51) and would sound even better when sync is on..
俺はテメエの倒す男だ! 宜しく! お前はもう死んでいる...
Panzer88
Inmate

Post by Panzer88 »

who is the author of the port? you'd have better luck asking the person that ported it.
[quote="byuu"]Seriously, what kind of asshole makes an old-school 2D emulator that requires a Core 2 to get full speed? [i]>:([/i] [/quote]
neo_bahamut1985
-Burninated-

Ah, gotcha. I think it's michniewski, but not sure on where his forums are or what the best way to contact him would be...hmm..
sweener2001
Inmate

Post by sweener2001 »

google?
[img]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c128/sweener2001/StewieSIGPIC.png[/img]
snkcube
Hero of Time

Post by snkcube »

neo_bahamut1985 wrote:Ah, gotcha. I think it's michniewski, but not sure on where his forums are or what the best way to contact him would be...hmm..
http://code.google.com/p/snes9x-gx/
Try out CCleaner and other free software at Piriform
neo_bahamut1985
-Burninated-

Okay, I went there and posted the issue, now I play the waiting game...

Edit 10:14PM: Realized there's a file called “Snes9xgx.xml" that's supposedly in the Apps directory for Snes9x. And according to the release notes, you can alter settings not normally availble in the emulator menu itself (via an XML editor). The problem now is that said file is nowhere to be found in the Apps/Snes9x directory.
Bent
Lurker

Post by Bent »

Look in the directory your saves are stored in. If you are running off SD, there is a Snes9x folder in the root of the card, the saves folder is in there.
~Bent
neo_bahamut1985
-Burninated-

Okay, so, I found it in the Save directory, opened it and it didn't have any option to sync the sound. *Sigh*Well, hopefully, michniewski will add it in the next version. Unless there's a limitation with the code and/ro programming language that makes it impossible. Who knows?