Anyone who ports Snes9X to a console or handheld please read

Announce new emulators, discuss which games run best under each emulator, and much much more.

Moderator: General Mods

adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Anyone who ports Snes9X to a console or handheld please read

Post by adventure_of_link »

(Dunno if there's any console/handheld porters of snes9x on this forum, strongly doubt it, but whatever.)

I'm sure those of you who used to goto the official Snes9X forums for help and support remember that you'd get turned down for said help and support due to the team only supporting PC/Mac versions, and told to seek the official developers, right?

Well, it has come to my attention recently from the forum admins of Snes9X (namely Ryan and Jerremy) that they now want the console porters to come on over and make their ports official. You will get full SVN access to the official code to allow you to update your version and port it, a subforum on the site for your particular version, and your build will also get placed on the downloads mirrors for Snes9X.

If any porters of Snes9X to ANY LEGIT console/handheld visit this forum, PLEASE read this message and consider it. Making a nick on the Snes9X forums and getting in touch with Ryan and/or Jerremy would be nice too. Thank you for your time.
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
Aaron
Lurker

Post by Aaron »

I'll remember this for when I decide to port SNES9x to my shoe. Thanks a lot, Adventure_of_Link (aka Josh). :)
byuu

Post by byuu »

Shouldn't they post that on the Snes9X forums / website, then? Just saying, would probably get more attention there.

Should get someone to make a Qt interface now that it's LGPL, heh.
franpa
Gecko snack

Post by franpa »

I think he did post it there, but he also posted here :P
Core i7 920 @ 2.66GHZ | ASUS P6T Motherboard | 8GB DDR3 1600 RAM | Gigabyte Geforce 760 4GB | Windows 10 Pro x64
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

byuu wrote:Shouldn't they post that on the Snes9X forums / website, then? Just saying, would probably get more attention there.
franpa wrote:I think he did post it there, but he also posted here :P
No sirs

1) I posted this notice here, on retrojunk forums, on maxconsole, and tehskeen. so far I've managed to get in contact with the Wii port maintainer. I want to be able to find the xbox port, PS2, PS3, PSP, gamecube, and nintendo DS maintainers. Touching base with maintainers for <insert random handheld device here> snes9x ports would be nice too. Helping me spread the word would be cool too. :)

2) Snes9X forums (not the project, just the forums) seems to be rather dead.. and I strongly doubt the porters visit the official forums ATM so..

and 3) Ryan and myself were first discussing this in MSN (right after one of the last straws about no port discussion on snes9x (it was posted in gen.disc. and the forums being dead in general), then he touched base with Jerremy, and Jer thought it was a nice idea.
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
Panzer88
Inmate

Post by Panzer88 »

not knowing you already contacted him Aol I posted a thread on the Wii Homebrew website. I guess there was no need.
[quote="byuu"]Seriously, what kind of asshole makes an old-school 2D emulator that requires a Core 2 to get full speed? [i]>:([/i] [/quote]
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

that's fine.. did you get hold of a guy named Tantric, cos that's the guy I got a hold of on tehskeen :|:?
NSRT here.
Panzer88
Inmate

Post by Panzer88 »

I haven't gotten ahold of anyone yet. I believe the supported emulator is Snes9x GX, which is actually a gamecube emulator but it's also the one everyone over there uses for wii. I think there are also several unofficial builds of that over there too with a few different features but that's the main branch.

http://www.ngemu.com/gc/snes9xgx.php

http://code.google.com/p/snes9x-gx/

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Snes9x_GX

I just scanned tehskeen boards and it does appear that tantric is the current man in charge of a number of "GX" ports of systems.
[quote="byuu"]Seriously, what kind of asshole makes an old-school 2D emulator that requires a Core 2 to get full speed? [i]>:([/i] [/quote]
Panzer88
Inmate

Post by Panzer88 »

it's official, see this link

http://forum.wiibrew.org/read.php?17,8495
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Thank you for helping spread the word all the same man. :)
NSRT here.
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

so now we got the Wii port down, now we just need all the others..
NSRT here.
kick
Trooper

Post by kick »

FYI,there are a few ports to the Dreamcast as well.
[i]Have a nice kick in da nutz[/i] @~@* c//
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

kick wrote:FYI,there are a few ports to the Dreamcast as well.
would you happen to know the porter(s) of the dreamcast version?
NSRT here.
Panzer88
Inmate

Post by Panzer88 »

Most of them are long dead but you never know

http://dcemulation.org/?title=Ngine_SNES9x

http://dreamcast.dcemu.co.uk/snesindex.php

only one is named after snes9x but I doubt it's the only one that uses snes9x
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Thanks Panzer. I went to the forum of Ngine, and they seem to be active.
NSRT here.
kick
Trooper

Post by kick »

The only active Dreamcast ports are SNES4ALL (by Chui), Super Famicast (by Scherzo) and DreamSNES (by Peter Bortas,Marcus Comstedt and Per Hedbor)

SNES4ALL has been ported to other (handheld) systems as well.

Ports to other systems @ Wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Su ... _emulators
Last edited by kick on Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:41 am, edited 4 times in total.
[i]Have a nice kick in da nutz[/i] @~@* c//
Panzer88
Inmate

Post by Panzer88 »

I THOUGHT Dreamsnes was one of em. It's the one I used back in the day. The only really decent one i remember to be honest. What about all the emus for the original xbox? there was a TON IIRC.
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

I remember xsnes9x

does anyone have any contact with Lantus? I believe that's the one who ported snes9x to xbox, much less started the xsnes9x forums..
NSRT here.
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

UPDATE:

Apparently the porter of DreamSNES is someone named Peter Bortas and yes, the XBox porter is in fact Lantus.

so far we've got Wii, Dreamcast (the one I forgot about actually!), and XBox down.. now we need everything Sony to get the buzz and everything should be a-go.
NSRT here.
Sferics
Regular

Post by Sferics »

The only PS2 SNES9x port I know of is SNES-Station, and that project has been dead for years...
David Dunham - "Efficiency is intelligent laziness"
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Sferics wrote:The only PS2 SNES9x port I know of is SNES-Station, and that project has been dead for years...
and I was afraid of that, for the most part.. :|

thanks for the heads-up Sferics.
NSRT here.
Panzer88
Inmate

Post by Panzer88 »

what about high handhelds, psp, ds, gamepark, pandora etc.
gllt
NO VOWELS >:[

Post by gllt »

Panzer88 wrote:pandora
in during paypal failure