jps2, an attempt to port PCSX2 to java

Announce new emulators, discuss which games run best under each emulator, and much much more.

Moderator: General Mods

nintendo_nerd
Sir Robin the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot

jps2, an attempt to port PCSX2 to java

Post by nintendo_nerd »

Here: http://www.aep-emu.de/PNphpBB2-file-vie ... 14170.html and here: http://code.google.com/p/jps2/ I have a few questions about what these people are about to embark on: 1, Why and 2, What's the point? PCSX2 is hard enough as it is to program, wouldn't porting it to Java just complicate an already complicated piece of software? I'm just saying what's on my mind is all. These savvy programmers had better be able to find the motivation to do it. :? What do you guys think about it?
"Just because I don't LISTEN doesn't mean I don't CARE!" -Homer Simpson
odditude
Official tech support dood

Re: jps2, an attempt to port PCSX2 to java

Post by odditude »

nintendo_nerd wrote:These savvy programmers had better be able to find the motivation to do it. :? What do you guys think about it?
it appears to me that its very existence proves that they found the motivation to do it.
Why yes, my shift key *IS* broken.
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Post by adventure_of_link »

odditude wrote:
nintendo_nerd wrote:These savvy programmers had better be able to find the motivation to do it. :? What do you guys think about it?
it appears to me that its very existence proves that they found the motivation to do it.
Yeah, but what if it hasn't been updated in forever? by that logic, someone was motivated to make nesticle, and I'm sure it can still be downloaded SOMEWHERE..

on another note, isn't PSone/two already CPU taxing as/is? wouldn't Java just make it moreso?
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
odditude
Official tech support dood

Post by odditude »

adventure_of_link wrote:
odditude wrote:
Yeah, but what if it hasn't been updated in forever?
did you bother to click the link? the most recent update is from two and a half weeks ago.
adventure_of_link wrote:by that logic, someone was motivated to make nesticle, and I'm sure it can still be downloaded SOMEWHERE..
wha?

seriously, of what logic are you speaking? this came from so far out of left field i'm not even sure you're playing baseball.
adventure_of_link wrote:on another note, isn't PSone/two already CPU taxing as/is? wouldn't Java just make it moreso?
irrelevant, if the goal is either 1. academic curiosity or 2. true platform independence.

besides, i ran bleem on a p166 mmx and epsxe on a duron 850.
Why yes, my shift key *IS* broken.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

the main problem with java is the horrible handicaps the language gives you - but if pcsx2 was coded like a monkey, it won't be so different
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54