Loading CDI/ISOs with Demule 0.55

Announce new emulators, discuss which games run best under each emulator, and much much more.

Moderator: General Mods

nintendo_nerd
Sir Robin the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot

Loading CDI/ISOs with Demule 0.55

Post by nintendo_nerd »

So, I've heard a lot of good things about this emulator (such as pretty high compatibility and nice framerate, etc) and I actually got the thing to run since I have both .bin files in dc.zip. Heck, I should congratulate myself for being able to get to the DC BIOS screen without any issues. :D And that is when I run into an interesting problem. Now, I know that Demule is both a Dreamcast and Naomi emulator, which are built into one program, and you can also load DC/Naomi images. When I choose to load the GrandiaII.cdi (or .iso) image, Demul doesn't give me a choice to load the game as an .iso but only gives the choice of .chd. After doing research, I learned that .chd images are used with Naomi and not Dreamcast games. So, do I have to load the non-.chd file off a virtual CD/DVD drive or what?

Edit 1: Okay, managed to get the game to run, but what can I do about the VMU saving? It forces Demule to close whenever one saves in the VMU.
"Just because I don't LISTEN doesn't mean I don't CARE!" -Homer Simpson