How come the second you say Im a newb trying to learn asm

Discuss whatever insanity comes to mind. Please keep it friendly and clean though.

Moderator: General Mods

chrono31

How come the second you say Im a newb trying to learn asm

Post by chrono31 »

in the same sentence your automatically flagged as a retard
and flamed everywhere you go? Or you say I need help learning this about asm or I dont understand asm even though ive spent hours reading everything I can find on it, you get pegged as the stupid one as if your
the only one in a site of 1000s who doesen't know what to do?
Maybe its just me.... I seem to get singled out as the stupid one
no matter where im at and suddenly no one wants to help...
Everyone says well you can figure it out for your self or
I dont have time to explain it so go the f away you retard
or other names......Its like just because everyone knows
asm there better then me....This happens to me on other sites
to. Such as Romhacking.net and someone on Zophars domain
flamed me and called me a Fa**** just because I was askin
about some code in asm for smb.

Am I truly the only one here that sees this???
Is everyone just oblivious to this?
megamanzer0
Regular

Post by megamanzer0 »

you have to be flame retardant if you wish to remain here.
of coarse I also have no Idea what you are talking about so, Cry moar.
class:Trolololo
funkyass
"God"

Post by funkyass »

this is the thread he is trying to refer to.
Does [Kevin] Smith masturbate with steel wool too?

- Yes, but don’t change the subject.
creaothceann
Seen it all

Post by creaothceann »

vSNES | Delphi 10 BPLs
bsnes launcher with recent files list
Truth Unknown
Regular

Post by Truth Unknown »

Your writing skills could use a bit of an improvement. Also word wrapping is a functional feature on today's computers.
PHoNyMiKe
Retrosexual

Post by PHoNyMiKe »

I didn't see any flaming in that topic about how stupid you are. but in answer to your question about assembly programming, when someone with zero programming experience wants to do anything snes related (especially zsnes source code), it just simply isn't going to happen, sorry. that's like a little kid running into the emergency room saying he wants to do brain surgery. the ambition is great and all, but the skill is severely lacking.

and saying that you want to learn about assembly because of zsnes is like saying you want to learn how to make your own great pyramids, again, ain't going to happen, it will take way too much effort and it's not worth it, even if you think it is at this current moment. go learn something that's actually useful, like java, you could program stuff for cell phones and websites, rather than try to update an old ass program written in assembly from a decade ago. go mess with snes9x, it's easier to use, and 99% as good as zsnes, and in many cases better, you could port it to video game systems and stuff. pretty much any programming language is better than x86 other than brainfuck.

so that's why someone might call you stupid for wanting to learn x86 assembly for a single outdated program, there's nothing you can do for zsnes, thx anyways.
[url=http://www.alexchiu.com/affiliates/clickthru.cgi?id=phonymike]ultimate immortality[/url]
[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/image,zsnes,white,purple.png[/img][/url]
byuu

Post by byuu »

We all got the same treatment starting off. Truth is, nobody's going to help teach you. Colleges make big money for doing just that. If you're really serious, you need to learn it all yourself. And it'll take you the better part of a decade to do so. And that's how you get respect, by demonstrating hard-earned talent.

Think about it from the other side, too. It's very time consuming, and as hobbyists we have little of that to begin with. I've spent months teaching people stuff only to have the vast majority of them disappear because they weren't really serious, and in one instance one of them even died.

Show us that you've spent a few years studying, and that you've tried to find the answer on your own already, and we're happy to answer your questions if we can.
SquareHead
Veteran

Post by SquareHead »

This thread needs more drama and spell-check. It could also benefit from some leetspeak, and lots of upper-case letters and exclamation points.

To the OP: I think everyone has pointed out in a more than adequate way that it can be a rather tough subject to jump into. Secondly having passed through your thread, I took notice that everyone in there was polite, and tried to give you general advice on where to start or how to get started.

It could have been much worse. Just read and wait.

Also to look into some of what you want to learn, google, wikipedia, and lots of free online repositories exist. You just have to have some patience.
Nightcrawler
Romhacking God

Post by Nightcrawler »

Basically, you don't ask questions the smart way...

Read this document. I'm serious. By the time you get to the end, you should understand why the answers you've been getting are not to your liking.

http://catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

Absolutely nobody is going to go through every single line of a SMB dis-assembly with you. Nobody can answer such general, huge far reaching questions such as 'How do I learn ASM? or hex?'. Nobody is going to invest the time to answer such frequent questions everyday while there are vast resources and tools available for you to EXPERIMENT with yourself in the meantime.

To get any help, you must first be willing to help yourself.

Thus far, you're not willing to invest the necessary time.
[url=http://transcorp.romhacking.net]TransCorp[/url] - Home of the Dual Orb 2, Cho Mahou Tairyku Wozz, and Emerald Dragon SFC/SNES translations.
[url=http://www.romhacking.net]ROMhacking.net[/url] - The central hub of the ROM hacking community.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

byuu wrote:one of them even died.
I heavily suspect your teaching skills vastly improved since then.

wait
oshi-HHHRRRRNNNRNRNGGGGGGG

@Chrono: your thread topics aren't exactly stellar either.
Whining isn't exactly putting the readers in any mood to be nice. It's probably covered in Nightcrawler's link.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
Man_Over_Game

Post by Man_Over_Game »

I may not have half of the skill as most of these guys, but I might have some advice towards programming. Try to find someone you know that already has experience. Practice with something somewhat easy like Java or Pascal to learn some basic programming. If all else fails, use Gamemaker! Its easy, and works well with people who can't find a motivation, or who don't have the natural skill. Programming is a different way of thinking, and it takes some time to modify a huge application like what your trying to do.
Now, I can't do anything like that (yet), but it didn't take me too long to learn the ropes. Just make sure you can use upper level math, and maybe understand recursion. Your gonna use those often.
byuu wrote:one of them even died
...wow, uh, I have nothing to say to that...

SquareHead wrote:This thread needs more...spell-check. It could also benefit from some leetspeak
And I don't think there is a leetspeak spell-check. Holy crap, that's a great idea!
Killa B
♥ Love Freak FlonneZilla ♥

Post by Killa B »

Man_Over_Game wrote:And I don't think there is a leetspeak spell-check. Holy crap, that's a great idea!
"Did you mean: h4x0r"
Man_Over_Game

Post by Man_Over_Game »

there's a half-way decent leet spell-checker? I know that there are translating programs (most which suck), but I didn't know there was an actual spell-check. I'll look into it. thanks.
"I totally just pwnxrd Mars"-Hedgehog Launch 2.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

Man_Over_Game wrote:Programming is a different way of thinking
For several of us, it's not.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Nightcrawler
Romhacking God

Post by Nightcrawler »

Hmmm.. Does that mean you naturally think like a computer program? Or does that mean you program like you naturally think? :lol:
[url=http://transcorp.romhacking.net]TransCorp[/url] - Home of the Dual Orb 2, Cho Mahou Tairyku Wozz, and Emerald Dragon SFC/SNES translations.
[url=http://www.romhacking.net]ROMhacking.net[/url] - The central hub of the ROM hacking community.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

Both, obviously.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Killa B
♥ Love Freak FlonneZilla ♥

Post by Killa B »

Badass thinking?
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

Weapon grade badass thinking.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Francis64
Lurker

Post by Francis64 »

grinvader wrote:
Man_Over_Game wrote:Programming is a different way of thinking
For several of us, it's not.

bool agree() {
   return true;
}

alyxx
Rookie

Post by alyxx »

I don't know what to say other than that you might appear to others as an idiot, mostly because of how you come off with the way you type.

And people are rude on the internet, get used to it. Don't let it get to you. There are friendly ones too.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

Please stop reviving this thread replying to that guy, he's not coming back.
皆黙って俺について来い!!