chipophone

Discuss whatever insanity comes to mind. Please keep it friendly and clean though.

Moderator: General Mods

odditude
Official tech support dood

chipophone

Post by odditude »

...an organ gutted and refitted with an 8-bit synth - fantastic.
http://www.linusakesson.net/chipophone/index.php
Why yes, my shift key *IS* broken.
mudlord
has wat u liek

Re: chipophone

Post by mudlord »

Oh look!

Just because something is on JewTube and Shitaku first, doesn't mean its fucking popular. Its being known around Pouet for ages that Linux is a genius with Atmega/embedded systems, duh. :? People should see his previous shit before this, and then you will know its nothing new, move along etc.

Doesn't make matters any better that now the mainstream retards know of his existance.
Shame shame shame. :roll:
This person is a fucking douchebag, they should die.
PHoNyMiKe
Retrosexual

Post by PHoNyMiKe »

mudlord wrote:Just because something is on JewTube and Shitaku first, doesn't mean its fucking popular. Its being known around Pouet for ages that Linux is a genius with Atmega/embedded systems, duh. :? People should see his previous shit before this, and then you will know its nothing new, move along etc.

Doesn't make matters any better that now the mainstream retards know of his existance.
Shame shame shame. :roll:
I don't have all day to browse jewtube and shitaku like you. I've never heard of this Linux guy, or Pouet. what does being popular have to do with anything? I program atmel microcontrollers, and I think this is fucking awesome. buttlord, if you want to do something productive with your time, don't post bullshit on message boards like you did right here, simply take a knife to your wrists. the only helpful piece of advice in your pile of shit right there is to check out his other projects, which I will do!
mudlord
has wat u liek

Post by mudlord »

don't post bullshit on message boards like you did right here, simply take a knife to your wrists.
dont you dare tell me what i can and can't do. :o
as for your advice about wrist slitting, lets see all the IRC networks and sites I got banned of:

1) byuu.org
2) zsnes.com originally
3) emutalk.net
4) pj64-emu.com for leaking PJ64 1.7 and cracking it
5) forums.ngemu.com
6) psX author's forum
7) dolphin-emu.com
8) the entire network of #freenode for being a troll like I am now.

So kindly don't tell me what to do. I am already doing a fucking good job of self sabotage like I am now.
PHoNyMiKe
Retrosexual

Post by PHoNyMiKe »

I'm very sorry mudlord, I gave you the wrong instructions as to "take a knife to your wrists". I made this nifty little diagram so even a retard like yourself and do it right.

go do this right now:

cracking pj64 lol. how'd you crack it, drop it on the floor? seriously I know asm so I'm interested if you even know what a disassembler is, let alone how to use it. do you even know how create a zip file? I didn't think so.
mudlord
has wat u liek

Post by mudlord »

Thank you for the advice, appreciated! :D I'm done arguing, that said, the chipophone is nice. But I seen his *much* better works. He won the Breakpoint wild demo contest a while back for making his own demo platform, and coding a demo for it.
cracking pj64 lol. how'd you crack it, drop it on the floor?
I'll explain

-removed-

derp derp edit: last I checked, you have to pay for PJ 1.7 betas. Unless the PJ team made their 1.7 betas free, don't post it again. Warez will NOT be tolerated.
odditude
Official tech support dood

Post by odditude »

mudlord wrote:venom
for some one who has little interest in hardware hacking or the demoscene but DOES have an interest in music and chiptunes in particular, this is quite intriguing.

being an older person with a career and a life outside of any online- or computer-related endeavors, i have little time (or desire, for that matter) to follow *everything*. with the sole exception of PC hardware reviews, i rely on digest-style sites to at least have some idea what's going on.

i know you'll never take this to heart, but did it ever occur to you that it's only through "popular" sites that new people can be introduced to works such as these? save your vitriol for someone else.
Why yes, my shift key *IS* broken.
mudlord
has wat u liek

Post by mudlord »

i know you'll never take this to heart, but did it ever occur to you that it's only through "popular" sites that new people can be introduced to works such as these? save your vitriol for someone else.
I suppose, demo outreach is only done by popular channels I guess like the places I flamed. So yes, actually now it does. How else does the demoscene/cracktro scene get more exposure? (and it is known by very little at the moment).

and yes, I will save my anger for people who actually deserve it, since in this case it was quite misguided, as usual :(
neoblaze
8-bit Moderator

Post by neoblaze »

I locked this because I can. And because it's dumb.

I mean, chipophone is fucking awesome. The rest of the thread is not.