Cops: Man playing IRL "Frogger" got hit by an SUV

Discuss whatever insanity comes to mind. Please keep it friendly and clean though.

Moderator: General Mods

adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Cops: Man playing IRL "Frogger" got hit by an SUV

Post by adventure_of_link »

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/offbea ... id=1306032

Guess he took the meaning of "here's a quarter, now go play in the freeway" to a whole new level eh? :P

GAME OVER, PLEASE DON'T INSERT COIN.
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
paulguy
Zealot

Re: Cops: Man playing IRL "Frogger" got hit by an SUV

Post by paulguy »

What the hell has to be wrong with someone to do that? I can't even fathom the chain of thoughts that led up to planning and performing those actions.

I am reminded of the time George Costanza in Seinfeld wants to transport a Frogger machine from some arcade to his house, to preserve his high score, so he does his own game of Frogger across a busy city street. He doesn't get hit, but the machine gets trashed.
Maybe these people were born without that part of their brain that lets you try different things to see if they work better. --Retsupurae
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

paulguy wrote:What the hell has to be wrong with someone to do that? I can't even fathom the chain of thoughts that led up to planning and performing those actions.

I am reminded of the time George Costanza in Seinfeld wants to transport a Frogger machine from some arcade to his house, to preserve his high score, so he does his own game of Frogger across a busy city street. He doesn't get hit, but the machine gets trashed.
Frogger doesn't even have battery-backed high scores! He lost his score when he unplugged it!
What? I expect shows set in the real world to at least TRY to get real world stuff right.
Squall_Leonhart wrote:
You have your 2s, 4s, 8s, 16s, 32s, 64s, and 128s(crash course in binary counting!). But no 1s.
DirectInput represents all bits, not just powers of 2 in an axis.
KHDownloads
paulguy
Zealot

Post by paulguy »

Gil_Hamilton wrote:
paulguy wrote:What the hell has to be wrong with someone to do that? I can't even fathom the chain of thoughts that led up to planning and performing those actions.

Frogger doesn't even have battery-backed high scores! He lost his score when he unplugged it!
What? I expect shows set in the real world to at least TRY to get real world stuff right.
He powered it with a car battery while transporting it, didn't he? assuming the power supply was 12VDC, he could reasonably put the battery in parallel with the supply output, then unplug it, and keep it running.
Maybe these people were born without that part of their brain that lets you try different things to see if they work better. --Retsupurae
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

paulguy wrote:
Gil_Hamilton wrote:

He powered it with a car battery while transporting it, didn't he? assuming the power supply was 12VDC, he could reasonably put the battery in parallel with the supply output, then unplug it, and keep it running.
I don't know, I didn't watch it.

Internet says Frogger needs 5V and 12V both.
Squall_Leonhart wrote:
You have your 2s, 4s, 8s, 16s, 32s, 64s, and 128s(crash course in binary counting!). But no 1s.
KHDownloads
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Couldn't you put a voltage regulator in parallel with the battery so you can have the 5V supply?

like, put the game in parallel with the car battery (using all 12v on the 12v input), then put the voltage regulator also in parallel with the car battery, set it to 5v, and then connect it to the 5v input? :?
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
kode54
Zealot

Post by kode54 »

Aren't you people reading too much into a silly TV show?
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

Hey, if they used a car battery, I'm happy. They at least TRIED to get it right.
Squall_Leonhart wrote:
KHDownloads
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

I love how a discussion about an idiot (which we all know we loathe and despise here) turns into a discussion on how to make the frogger arcade deck portable.. :mrgreen:

also kode, Gil has a point. if you're going to set a TV show/movie/whatever in the real world, at least try and get real world logic/physics/etc correct..
NSRT here.