Guns...

Discuss whatever insanity comes to mind. Please keep it friendly and clean though.

Moderator: General Mods

SquareHead
Veteran

Guns...

Post by SquareHead »

So my younger brother took me out shooting the other day. I found this to be great fun.

My question is do any of you go shooting for leisure, and what sorts of firearms do you shoot? Second question, what would be a good idea for a newb?

I figure I could go with something dirt cheap to cut my teeth on, the move up to something of a better quality when I'm ready to. I'm not looking for something for home defense... (where I live I'm sure everyone else is better armed...)

I really have no preference, rifles, handguns, etc..
sweener2001
Inmate

Re: Guns...

Post by sweener2001 »

i haven't gone in forever, but i loved clay pigeon shooting. i don't know if you want to get into shotguns, but that's where i've had my fun.
[img]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c128/sweener2001/StewieSIGPIC.png[/img]
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

grinvader wrote:HEAVY MACHINEGUN
Those get expensive to feed, though.
Squall_Leonhart wrote:
You have your 2s, 4s, 8s, 16s, 32s, 64s, and 128s(crash course in binary counting!). But no 1s.
DirectInput represents all bits, not just powers of 2 in an axis.
KHDownloads
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

Just smash the clay pigeons by throwing the gun itself then.

Free workout !
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
kode54
Zealot

Post by kode54 »

Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

Squall_Leonhart wrote:
You have your 2s, 4s, 8s, 16s, 32s, 64s, and 128s(crash course in binary counting!). But no 1s.
DirectInput represents all bits, not just powers of 2 in an axis.
KHDownloads
Rashidi
Trooper

Post by Rashidi »

So, its wasn't Law'n'Chair huh ?
odditude
Official tech support dood

Post by odditude »

i'm picturing that as a new super in a pirate baby sequel...
Why yes, my shift key *IS* broken.
darkbenny
Box Car Superhero

Post by darkbenny »

sweener2001 wrote:i haven't gone in forever, but i loved clay pigeon shooting. i don't know if you want to get into shotguns, but that's where i've had my fun.
bringing Zsnes back
SquareHead
Veteran

Post by SquareHead »

darkbenny wrote:
sweener2001 wrote:i haven't gone in forever, but i loved clay pigeon shooting. i don't know if you want to get into shotguns, but that's where i've had my fun.
Just got back from doing that. Yesterday, I picked up a mossberg 500 with a 28'' barrel. I went from 40% to 80% accuracy in two days of clay pigeon shooting, but I figure that still sucks as I'm shooting a shotgun.
Zer0

Post by Zer0 »

I've had my 10/22 rifle for a long time. Definitely a great gun for beginners. Very easy to use, very cheap (rifle and .22 ammo) and very reliable. I've had mine for about 6 years and haven't had a single problem with it at all.
Another plus is there are almost endless customization options for it. I'm working on gettin the carbine conversion kit for it (m14 styled) but there are still tons of after market parts that are relatively cheap. I bought a retractable stock and a x4 scope for not much more than the rifle itself cost at the time (I paid $200 for the rifle, I'm not sure how much they are now)

I'll link a video for ya too
:)

PWS Custom

I would post more but there are SO many, you'll just have to search yourself.
"I never cared about myself, and I don't ever recall calling myself a hero...
...I have always only fought for the people that I believe in. I won't hesitate...
If an enemy appears before me, I will destroy it!
"
SquareHead
Veteran

Post by SquareHead »

Oh yeah. A 10/22 is still on my list. I did also pick up a Savage Mark II, don't really know why I wanted a bolt-action 22 but It is damn accurate on just iron sights. I love shooting Aguila SSS (subsonic sniper) ammo through it. Pretty quiet stuff.
Zer0

Post by Zer0 »

Oooooh, those rounds sound nice! I'll have to look into those. And the bolt action on that PMS 10/22 is amazing on my dad's buddy's 22 rifle but I can't remember exactly what model he has...but you literally can pull it back with 2 fingers almost without taking your trigger finger hand off the grip at all...sooo smooth
"I never cared about myself, and I don't ever recall calling myself a hero...
...I have always only fought for the people that I believe in. I won't hesitate...
If an enemy appears before me, I will destroy it!
"
Mark57Raider
Regular

Post by Mark57Raider »

I'm not much of a shooter, but I've tried using a rifle with the scope and that's some hard shit. Trying to get a good aim while lifting up the rifle and trying to focus the scope dead in line with your field of vision was a task. So I would probably stick with a shotgun. I like the old wooden shotguns. (Don't ask me the type of gun I was using cause I don't know.), but yeah target aiming with one of those babies. Good stuff!

(For some reason I'm not a pistol fan.)
someone
Masochist

Post by someone »

My question is do any of you go shooting for leisure, and what sorts of firearms do you shoot? Second question, what would be a good idea for a newb?
and what sorts of firearms do you shoot?

No! you don't shoot firearms. Its much better to shoot squirrels. Or doves. WITH the firearm. You will damage the firearm if you shoot it :mrgreen: