monsters

Discuss whatever insanity comes to mind. Please keep it friendly and clean though.

Moderator: General Mods

lordmissus
Ignorant Child

monsters

Post by lordmissus »

kode54
Zealot

Re: monsters

Post by kode54 »

Okay.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

mercator sucks hairy donkey balls.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Post by adventure_of_link »

kode54 wrote:Okay.
...and I don't get it. :? (however at the top center of the map you can see what looks like a rhino...)

(note I was saying that about lordmissus's pic, not kode54's comment.)
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
lordmissus
Ignorant Child

Post by lordmissus »

Well, being an aspie I often notice patterns in things. For example, today I was admiring some furniture decorations, and one of the flowers in the sewing, looked like a face. I see patterns in lots of things, that others would not.

This is what my brain sees in the picture that I provided:

Two monsters fighting each other.

Look at the americas. It looks like Canada and America are a body. Look at the coast off west/northwest of Alaska, and it looks like a head, with its mouth open, roaring. Joined with Greenland, it looks like it has wings. Then look at Latin America, and it looks like a large foot, or some kind of stinger, with Venezuela, Brazil, Coumbia, Peru, and Bolivia being the base, and Chile and Argentina being the actual stinger.

Now look at the combination of Europe, Asia, Africa, and Oceania. It looks like Australia is a front foot, with the split from south east asia as being some kind of leg. Below Russia, it looks like some kind of thigh. Russia looks like the body, with the land to the wery east, looking like a head. The fact that the heads of Russia and the Americas, are close. The look angry. ?

Do you see it? It looks like two monsters fighting.

When you consider the fact that the worlds continents were once joined, it is quite uncanny that the world map looks this way. They eventually split apart. Indeed, if you look at the world map the normal way, you can easily see where they once joined. Also consider the historical intolerance and division betwoon eastern and western countries..

However, that is a flat map. The earth is a sphere. Well, when you roll the image such that the americas are on the east, and asia/europe/africa/australia as being on the west, it looks this way.

Well, I have a habit of reading into things too much, but I thought that I would share this.

As for why I came here to post it: I thought that it would be fun. I have not come here to do the things I normally do, like act like a complete baby. Although, maybe this will just add to what you call "the lols".

I just thought that it would be interesting.

I was working on a geographical web application using the JavaScript API (Google V3 API) from Google, and so naturally I have been looking at maps for days. Then I notice this pattern. I first mentioned it to a friend-in-kind, he sees it (although whether he questions my sanity, remains a mystery to me), but I thought that I would post it here.
lordmissus
Ignorant Child

Post by lordmissus »

adventure_of_link wrote:
kode54 wrote:Okay.
...and I don't get it. :? (however at the top center of the map you can see what looks like a rhino...)

(note I was saying that about lordmissus's pic, not kode54's comment.)
I did not see the rhino until you showed me. I also see a face looking to the left, on Greenland.

Also, look at Japan, it is on the verge of a tectonic plate, which stretches from there, and you see a split towards Alaska. There can also be seen a split in Oceania.

As for the original image and my subsequent explanation, now here is a visual demonstration; explaining what I see:
http://s16.postimage.org/5rmsllk9f/rev.jpg
lordmissus
Ignorant Child

Post by lordmissus »

I am quite young -- there are people who have lived longer than I have. I would be genuinely surprised if I am the first person on the planet, to notice such a pattern.
lordmissus
Ignorant Child

Post by lordmissus »

Russia is/was a Superpower, and it is both the head and body of one of these monsters. Africa is the foot -- African natives were taken to the New World (america) in the 17th Century to work as slaves. Australia was originally proclaimed as a place where convicts and other 'undesirables' were dumped in, taken from Britain. Britain initiated the Triangular Trade, as did they ship prisoners off to Australia.

Australia and Africa are the feet. In other words, the pillar. An they were either sources for slave traders, or dumping grounds that prisoners would go to.

Russia is a super power, and was one of two main countries in the Cold War.
On the other monster, the US is the body. Alaska is the head; Alaska is part of the US. The US was the other side in the cold war, and is (and was back then) a Superpower.

Venezuela is at the very base of the stinger, and Hugo Chavez was a thorn in the side of George W. Bush. Thorn.
Mexico is at the bottom (the rectum) below the US; Mexico is a dumping ground for big US oil companies and other corporations.
lordmissus
Ignorant Child

Post by lordmissus »

The CIA eagle.
The KGB wolf.
lordmissus
Ignorant Child

Post by lordmissus »

lordmissus
Ignorant Child

Post by lordmissus »

Rorschach would be proud.
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

lordmissus wrote:Well, being an aspie
You mean a high-functioning autistic. Asperger's syndrome is no longer recognized as a unique disorder.
Squall_Leonhart wrote:
You have your 2s, 4s, 8s, 16s, 32s, 64s, and 128s(crash course in binary counting!). But no 1s.
DirectInput represents all bits, not just powers of 2 in an axis.
KHDownloads
paulguy
Zealot

Post by paulguy »

You don't have magical aspie super powers or anything like that. Most people would notice patterns like that if they cared, but they're not interested in crap like that. They care about more useful patterns.

Of course there have been aspies in the past that have found patterns and whatno others overlooked, but overall, someone can just be hard-working and not require having a disability to do certain things well.
Maybe these people were born without that part of their brain that lets you try different things to see if they work better. --Retsupurae
lordmissus
Ignorant Child

Post by lordmissus »

Perhaps that part was unnecessary. It seems that my mention of it with regards to the pattern that I noticed, was needless. It seems to have served as a distraction, in which case I will cut straight to the beat.

What do you all think of the pattern?
lordmissus
Ignorant Child

Post by lordmissus »

The first one, not the second one with the rabbit.
paulguy
Zealot

Post by paulguy »

Seems like something I would notice when I was in elementary school, bored, looking around the room.
Maybe these people were born without that part of their brain that lets you try different things to see if they work better. --Retsupurae
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

or high on glue
皆黙って俺について来い!!

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
badinsults
"Your thread will be crushed."

Post by badinsults »

Lordmissus, you should really lay off the acid.
<pagefault> i'd break up with my wife if she said FF8 was awesome
lordmissus
Ignorant Child

Post by lordmissus »

lordmissus
Ignorant Child

Post by lordmissus »

mudlord88
Lurker

Post by mudlord88 »

Gil_Hamilton wrote:
You mean a high-functioning autistic. Asperger's syndrome is no longer recognized as a unique disorder.
As much I don't agree with you sometimes, I agree. Wasn't it removed in DSM V or something?
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

>> mfw blacking out titles instead of cropping the fucking picture
mudlord88 wrote:Wasn't it removed in DSM V or something?
Proposed for revision.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

mudlord88 wrote:
Gil_Hamilton wrote:
As much I don't agree with you sometimes, I agree. Wasn't it removed in DSM V or something?
My understanding is it was removed entirely in the latest edition, though it's been filed as a subset of autism for a while now.

I admit to trolling him, though.
I know a lot of self-diagnosed cases of Asperger's Syndrome are worn as a badge of pride, and assume Lordmissus is one such due to the use of the shorthand "aspie" to describe himself.
And "now the medical community says we're just autistic, how dare they steal a part of my identity!" blew up like crazy when it was first announced they were removing use of the specific label.
So I was seeing if I could goad him into a reaction.
Squall_Leonhart wrote:
You have your 2s, 4s, 8s, 16s, 32s, 64s, and 128s(crash course in binary counting!). But no 1s.
DirectInput represents all bits, not just powers of 2 in an axis.
KHDownloads
Gonzo
Regular

Post by Gonzo »

Gil_Hamilton wrote: I know a lot of self-diagnosed cases of Asperger's Syndrome are worn as a badge of pride...
Yeah that's always annoyed me. It's like they skimmed the wikipedia page on aspergers, saw the part about higher intelligence and problem solving skills and then they lept to the conclussion that if they say they have aspergers, then we're all going to assume they're fucking Rain Man.
badinsults
"Your thread will be crushed."

Post by badinsults »

The people I know with high functioning austism aren't social misfits like Lordmissus. They have their peculiarities, but I doubt they would have the time to go on about how some arbitrary shorline looks vaguely like an animal.
<pagefault> i'd break up with my wife if she said FF8 was awesome