FAQ Question Suggestions to be added?

The official forum for ZSNES documentation. Discuss future changes, mistakes, etc...
You can also join us on IRC at irc.freenode.net in #zsnes-docs.

Moderators: ZSNES Mods, ZSNES Doc Team

Clements
Randomness

Post by Clements »

Deathlike2 wrote:For a related thought, what stops a user from using Mozilla/Opera instead of updating their IE in Win95?
Security updates. These will affect all programs that use IE as well as IE itself. Some applications use IE as part of their GUI, and this cannot be changed. HTML Help is one, Norton's menus are another.

Windows 95 barely supports ZSNESW as it is, lets not have these users with an early unupdated OS preventing the majority of other Windows users from receiving the CHM. Win95 users should be using the DOS version anyway, which will ship with the text-based docs which they can always view. As Nach says, only the Windows version ships with the CHM.
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

Clements wrote:
Deathlike2 wrote:For a related thought, what stops a user from using Mozilla/Opera instead of updating their IE in Win95?
Security updates. These will affect all programs that use IE as well as IE itself. Some applications use IE as part of their GUI, and this cannot be changed. HTML Help is one, Norton's menus are another.
Norton? I remember some of the older version using IE... was kinda sad. What I meant was, we have no real idea what browser most Win95 users are using. I guess that shouldn't matter too much. Not to get too OT, there was this one time in the Snes9x forums where someone asked about OpenGL and Win95 (it's just an update to get).
Windows 95 barely supports ZSNESW as it is, lets not have these users with an early unupdated OS preventing the majority of other Windows users from receiving the CHM. Win95 users should be using the DOS version anyway, which will ship with the text-based docs which they can always view. As Nach says, only the Windows version ships with the CHM.
Well, telling them to use the DOS version was practically the recommendation for any slow system (those in the Win9x era, though I felt sorry for the guy with Win2k on a Pentium). I guess that CHM isn't as bad.. analyzing the differences. I did think CHM was going to be for the Windows port at one point... but that's not my decision though. There should only be one documentation format for each port (for instance, the txt version for DOS).

Edit: For clarity

Edit2: The only thing that really needs to be fixed in the chm is the topmost logo.. that's my only nagging problem. If you need a pic of that, let me know.
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...