Rock N' Roll Racing "lite" free by Blizzard powered by ZSNES

General area for talk about ZSNES. The best place to ask for related questions as well as troubleshooting.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

Truth Unknown
Regular

Rock N' Roll Racing "lite" free by Blizzard powered by ZSNES

Post by Truth Unknown »

Found here: http://battle.net/account/management/download/
On the bottom of the page, and it's bundled with an executable (custom build of ZSNES I'm guessing), ZSNES 1.51 source, documentation and a ROCK.BIN that runs in ZSNES (and other emulators potentially). Unfortunately, it appears to be a stripped down version of the game:
This release is a lite version Rock N' Roll Racing that features three playable tracks from the original Rock N' Roll Racing for Super Nintendo.
There is a nice little note in the manual though:
SPEICIAL THANKS TO
The ZSNES team
There is also The Lost Vikings (DOS version) and released earlier Blackthorn (DOS version) both also for free from Blizzard too.
Rashidi
Trooper

Re: Rock N' Roll Racing "lite" free by Blizzard powered by Z

Post by Rashidi »

i wonder if Nach would add the ROCK.BIN hashes into the NSRT database?
or perhaps the goodsnes would add it to theirs?
Truth Unknown
Regular

Post by Truth Unknown »

One thing about the ROCK.BIN, it appears to not contain the music. It explains why the only track of music constantly loops over everything when using the executable. Still I think the essence of the game is still there, driving around in extreme vehicles and blowing them up, all commentated with a monster truck announcer, just add Rock from your collection.
Rashidi
Trooper

Post by Rashidi »

now that you mention it, the music are gone if the game are not in focus,
and the music are still there if i hit zsnes specific key/function like F1 (Misc Options) or F3 (Save State select) as long the game executate are in focus.