help

General area for talk about ZSNES. The best place to ask for related questions as well as troubleshooting.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

benyet
-Burninated-

help

Post by benyet »

I just downloaded zsnes 151 on my new computer and its working like crap .running very slow. If I minimize the screen then maximize it again its ok, also it keeps losing my cheats .yes I remembered to save .It worked fine on my old computer and that was xp . please help . thanks. benyet.
Truth Unknown
Regular

Re: help

Post by Truth Unknown »

The minimize trick is a quick work around, not really a good permanent solution. Either try using a DirectDraw wrapper for ZSNES or try using another emulator that uses Direct3D or OpenGL like SNES9x for better performance. As for the Cheats being lost, are you using the Load button or have checked auto-load in the Cheat > Browse window? If so, where is ZSNES located on your computer?
benyet
-Burninated-

Post by benyet »

truth unknown, what and where is a Direct wrapper. I use the load button and my browser is Google. The ZSNES is in the download file. Thank you very much for all your help
Truth Unknown
Regular

Post by Truth Unknown »

benyet wrote:truth unknown, what and where is a Direct wrapper. I use the load button and my browser is Google. The ZSNES is in the download file. Thank you very much for all your help
It would be a DirectDraw wrapper, basically it wraps the computer calls to DirectDraw (which ZSNES uses to draw graphics on the screen in Windows) and feeds it to an alternate like OpenGL which DXGL does for example. I wasn't asking about your web browser I was referring to the "Browse" window in ZSNES that lists your cheats, but you've answered you use a load button so I'm assuming its the right one. You should put ZSNES in its own folder, but that should not be causing problems so far yet it could cause other problems later (DXGL will require it). Anyway, the only thing I can think of is, if you are using the default paths, you can't write to the folder where the game ROMs are located with ZSNES.
benyet
-Burninated-

Post by benyet »

Truth unknown, the load button worked great for the cheats, but I have no clue where to find or how to apply the directdraw wrapper, its not you,I'm just not to bright. please help if you can. thanks
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

With Google.

Seriously, I just checked. The FIRST HIT. There's such a thing as not trying.
Squall_Leonhart wrote:
You have your 2s, 4s, 8s, 16s, 32s, 64s, and 128s(crash course in binary counting!). But no 1s.
DirectInput represents all bits, not just powers of 2 in an axis.
KHDownloads
benyet
-Burninated-

Little gill hamilton

Post by benyet »

DON'T SCREW WITH ME ..............LOVE BENYET
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

Threads merged because.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Re: Little gill hamilton

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

benyet wrote:DON'T SCREW WITH ME ..............LOVE BENYET
Bitch, you best step back from yo' caps lock and check yo' self.

Also, Gil is spelled with three letters, and I assure you I am anything but little. If you know what I mean.

Furthermore, don't get mad because I called you on your fucking laziness. If you're going to be a lazy ass and ask us to jump through hoops for you, you aren't allowed to get mad when we notice.
Squall_Leonhart wrote:
You have your 2s, 4s, 8s, 16s, 32s, 64s, and 128s(crash course in binary counting!). But no 1s.
DirectInput represents all bits, not just powers of 2 in an axis.
KHDownloads
odditude
Official tech support dood

Post by odditude »

enough.
Why yes, my shift key *IS* broken.