ZSNES not loading my saves (.srm)

General area for talk about ZSNES. The best place to ask for related questions as well as troubleshooting.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

ACactus

ZSNES not loading my saves (.srm)

Post by ACactus »

For some reason, ZSNES reset all of my configs and presets last night, and then when I fixed them all and started up my game of Earthbound, it wouldn't load my save anymore. I had been using the in game saves and making the .srm files in order to be realistic, but now I can't load from that file. The file itself still exists, but the game and ZSNES will no longer load it. What can I do to retrieve my save?
odditude
Official tech support dood

Re: ZSNES not loading my saves (.srm)

Post by odditude »

ACactus wrote:For some reason, ZSNES reset all of my configs and presets last night
did you launch zsnes in a different manner than usual (i.e. from a file association)?
ACactus wrote:and then when I fixed them all and started up my game of Earthbound, it wouldn't load my save anymore. I had been using the in game saves and making the .srm files in order to be realistic, but now I can't load from that file. The file itself still exists, but the game and ZSNES will no longer load it. What can I do to retrieve my save?
double-check that you set the save path correctly.
Why yes, my shift key *IS* broken.