Zsnes Broke?

General area for talk about ZSNES. The best place to ask for related questions as well as troubleshooting.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

IIx_Z_xII

Zsnes Broke?

Post by IIx_Z_xII »

I have been using Zsnes for years now on my old dell with vista without any issues. I have a new IBuyPower with windows 8.1 and it can handle anything so far. So this is weird while using Zsnes on the IBuyPower I originally had no issues but, I was testing different texture enhancements and I clicked triple buffering and ever since I have been screwed. It began lagging bad while just on the emulator itself no rom, I unchecked it and it still lags while in fullscreen. No variation of any speed options or texture enhancements with or without anything it doesn't matter, Ive tried changing screen resolutions nothing it will not stop lagging in fullscreen. It gets worse, I tried removing it from my computer and re setting it up and to no avail it still lags in full screen period. How did this happen? It was working and my pc is far more than capable of handling this emulator. I feel like maybe there is now a registry error? Anyway Id like your thoughts on this so I can fix as quickly as possible. Thank you for your time.
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Re: Zsnes Broke?

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

The good news is ZSNES doesn't touch the regustry.
The bad news is ZSNES has not been updated in many years, and simply doesn't play well with modern systems. It seems to be largely luck that determines if it will work or not, and if it will CONTINUE working.
Squall_Leonhart wrote:
You have your 2s, 4s, 8s, 16s, 32s, 64s, and 128s(crash course in binary counting!). But no 1s.
DirectInput represents all bits, not just powers of 2 in an axis.
KHDownloads