Keyboard got deconfigured after running zsnes

General area for talk about ZSNES. The best place to ask for related questions as well as troubleshooting.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

CarminaVM

Keyboard got deconfigured after running zsnes

Post by CarminaVM »

Hi there!

Yesterday I just downloaded your great emulator zsnes (source: http://www.fantasyanime.com/emuhelp/emulators.htm), I saved it on the desk and run it to play a Sailor Moon ROM. It took me 5 minutes to find out which were the proper keys to press to play, but I finally managed to. When I closed the emulator, I realised some keys in my keyboard were deconfigured. For instance, letters I and O were no longer letters, but numbers 5 and 6 respectively. Some letters, such as A, still remained, but I couldn't use google to look for a solution, since I couldn't even type in my question (had to wait till today in the morning to use the computer at my job).

I reset the computer (it's a VAIO laptop), I deleted all emulator files and the rom and even used the antivirus to scan the computer, because I wasn't sure of this. I could previously introduce my password to start Windows, but when I was in Windows, the keyboard was wrong again. While the antivirus was running, I left the computer for a while, the screen saver started and brought me to the Windows start page, and there I couldn't introduce the password because the keyboard was wrong.

So, each time I switch on the computer, the keyboard is OK, but when I enter Windows it gets deconfigured and it won't return to normal.

Please, help me! :'(

Best regards 2 U all,

Carmina
Killa B
♥ Love Freak FlonneZilla ♥

Post by Killa B »

I've never heard of ZSNES doing this before. Maybe you changed your keyboard layout, somehow? I don't know if it's possible to do that by accident, though.

Are you sure there was nothing you did, other than run ZSNES, between the last time your keyboard worked correctly and the time you noticed it wasn't working correctly?

FWIW, the copy of ZSNES hosted on that site is virus-free (it's exactly the same as the one from here).
CarminaVM

Post by CarminaVM »

Erm... could be. Maybe I pressed some keyboard combination without realising and then I noticed its effects when closing the application.

Yeah, I was already sure it was virus-free but I got stupidly scared :oops:

I read some stuff 5 min ago in another post in google about the unintentional activation of the key "Fn" (as if it were pressed down the whole time) in laptops, and the results of this were exactly the same I saw yesterday, so I guess that's maybe what happened. I'll find out this evening at home.

So, apologies to everyone. It was obviously my fault (I still dunno what exactly has to be done to solve that, the post had 2 or 3 different solutions, but I'll try out...). And especially thanks to you, Killa B, for your information :-)

Best regards!