ZSNES is no longer in active development.

General area for talk about ZSNES. The best place to ask for related questions as well as troubleshooting.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

sweener2001
Inmate

Post by sweener2001 »

Johan_H wrote:
Mike wrote:Like most people are not going to come here looking for answers, they are going to ask questions
I like to think most people actually are smart enough to search for information themselves rather than asking stuff (doing a search is less trouble than signing up and posting, after all), it's just that you only notice the people who aren't.
you should visit gbatemp
[img]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c128/sweener2001/StewieSIGPIC.png[/img]
badinsults
"Your thread will be crushed."

Post by badinsults »

nashmanzl wrote:If you visit as infrequently as me, you might look at the homepage and see that the latest news was last updated in Jan. 2007. Then you wonder why folks are curious wether zsnes is dead or not? But hey, that's what I get for not actually opening the forums...heh.
By the way, thank you for all the hours of enjoyment I've had from ZSNES. Your work is greatly appreciated.
Perhaps it would be a good idea to update the front page. However, I think only _Demo_ can do that. Next time I see him online, I will ask him to make an update.
<pagefault> i'd break up with my wife if she said FF8 was awesome
Mike
ZBoard Prince

Post by Mike »

badinsults wrote:
nashmanzl wrote:If you visit as infrequently as me, you might look at the homepage and see that the latest news was last updated in Jan. 2007. Then you wonder why folks are curious wether zsnes is dead or not? But hey, that's what I get for not actually opening the forums...heh.
By the way, thank you for all the hours of enjoyment I've had from ZSNES. Your work is greatly appreciated.
Perhaps it would be a good idea to update the front page. However, I think only _Demo_ can do that. Next time I see him online, I will ask him to make an update.

Great Idea.
**Prince of the Zsnes board**
*Smash Champ*
Nightcrawler
Romhacking God

Post by Nightcrawler »

badinsults wrote:
This is like deja vu of a conversation I had here a year or two ago... Exact same issues. Exact same attitudes. Nothing has changed. Stuck in a time warp.

It's illogical to get up an arms over people asking if ZSNES is dead when there was no good way for them to know it is not after several YEARS. I'd probably assume it was dead myself if I didn't happen to stumble across conversations stating otherwise.

I've seen forum discussions where the next release of ZSNES release date is being used as the running gag like Duke Nukem Forever.

Something is just not right here. :?
[url=http://transcorp.romhacking.net]TransCorp[/url] - Home of the Dual Orb 2, Cho Mahou Tairyku Wozz, and Emerald Dragon SFC/SNES translations.
[url=http://www.romhacking.net]ROMhacking.net[/url] - The central hub of the ROM hacking community.
I.S.T.
Zealot

Post by I.S.T. »

I must agree. =\
Killa B
♥ Love Freak FlonneZilla ♥

Post by Killa B »

User Error: Please replace user
byuu

Post by byuu »

While an update would certainly be welcome, they're really under no obligation to anyone. Be patient. Somewhat hypocritical of me to say that, but it's true.

My impression is that the holdup right now is related to the scarce appearances of pagefault :/
Nightcrawler wrote:I've seen forum discussions where the next release of ZSNES release date is being used as the running gag like Duke Nukem Forever.
Even worse are the people who assume ZSNES v1.51 == the entirety of SNES emulation, believing the entire scene to be dead / stagnant :(
Killa B wrote:ZSNES2.exe
Object Propagation Rate: Very Low (minimal spread)
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

I.S.T. wrote:
paulguy wrote:Haha. Since when do people read stickies? :p I imagine they'll still ask it.
Which is why it should be in every forum except the locked ones. Makes it more likely it will get spotted.
"MISSING FILE DINPUT.DLL"
"YOU FORGOT THE DINPUT.DLL FILE!"

Ahhhh, the memories.
Squall_Leonhart wrote:
You have your 2s, 4s, 8s, 16s, 32s, 64s, and 128s(crash course in binary counting!). But no 1s.
DirectInput represents all bits, not just powers of 2 in an axis.
KHDownloads
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Post by adventure_of_link »

Gil_Hamilton wrote:
I.S.T. wrote:
paulguy wrote:Haha. Since when do people read stickies? :p I imagine they'll still ask it.
Which is why it should be in every forum except the locked ones. Makes it more likely it will get spotted.
"YOU FORGOT THE DINPUT.DLL FILE!"
hahahahahahahahaha
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
badinsults

Post by badinsults »

I was talking to pagefault, and he says there will be a release soon. Once he gets access to the front page, it should be upcoming.
nintendo_nerd
Sir Robin the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot

Post by nintendo_nerd »

Can't wait to bask in its awesomeness.
"Just because I don't LISTEN doesn't mean I don't CARE!" -Homer Simpson
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

Nightcrawler wrote:I've seen forum discussions where the next release of ZSNES release date is being used as the running gag like Duke Nukem Forever.

Something is just not right here. :?
I actually find people joking about it a sane reaction.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
CCd
Rookie

Post by CCd »

I just hope the next release will have netplay fixed.
Sincerely I thought 1.51 was more messy than the previous releases.
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

CCd wrote:I just hope the next release will have netplay fixed.
That'll be a longer wait. Netplay is not important when movie replays themselves are inconsistent.
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
CCd
Rookie

Post by CCd »

ok, thanks for telling me. I ll stick with 1.36 until I'll find a DECENT snes emu with netplay. I dream of kaillera, besides granpa snes9k.
badinsults

Post by badinsults »

CCd wrote:ok, thanks for telling me. I ll stick with 1.36 until I'll find a DECENT snes emu with netplay. I dream of kaillera, besides granpa snes9k.
You'll be searching a long time, because this isn't a priority for anyone.
CCd
Rookie

Post by CCd »

badinsults wrote:
CCd wrote:ok, thanks for telling me. I ll stick with 1.36 until I'll find a DECENT snes emu with netplay. I dream of kaillera, besides granpa snes9k.
You'll be searching a long time, because this isn't a priority for anyone.
I noticed.
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

Don't expect kaillera to be implemented, since it invites a bigger host of problems.
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
CCd
Rookie

Post by CCd »

Deathlike2 wrote:Don't expect kaillera to be implemented, since it invites a bigger host of problems.
Don't be worried, I don't expect something as stupid as that.
I just hope the next version of zsnes netplay will support 4 players together. And won't have so many issues like crashes\freezes\lagspikes as 1.40+ has.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

4 players together can already be done. You probably meant ">2 computers".

Which is of course on the long list of awesome stuff. We're still at the first step, namely "need a deterministic core".
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
byuu

Post by byuu »

Good god, you can actually find more than one person who wants to play an old-ass SNES game with you online?

And even if so, I don't even want to imagine the latency issues involved with such a thing ;_;
Maybe on a LAN.
badinsults

Post by badinsults »

I don't know, I remember back when I was on dialup (this is probably 8 or 9 years ago), I was able to play Top Gear 2 without any lag with someone in Europe. Definitely doable.
franpa
Gecko snack

Post by franpa »

I can play others in australia, new zealand and sometimes far away countries without much trouble...
Core i7 920 @ 2.66GHZ | ASUS P6T Motherboard | 8GB DDR3 1600 RAM | Gigabyte Geforce 760 4GB | Windows 10 Pro x64
ShadowFX
Regular

Post by ShadowFX »

byuu wrote:Good god, you can actually find more than one person who wants to play an old-ass SNES game with you online?

And even if so, I don't even want to imagine the latency issues involved with such a thing ;_;
Maybe on a LAN.
Well, zbattle.net is still being used by many people. The problem there is too many whiners and idiots. I stopped playing SNES games online more than a year ago because of it (except with local friends).
[i]"Change is inevitable; progress is optional"[/i]
CCd
Rookie

Post by CCd »

I think many don't want because it simply cannot be done at the moment, due to the lack of an emulator supporting a decent netplay method.