ZSNES is no longer in active development.

General area for talk about ZSNES. The best place to ask for related questions as well as troubleshooting.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

ferrywayes01

Post by ferrywayes01 »

Hi Bad.
Myself Ferry from United States, Just read your post and Come to know about ZSNES.
Can You please reply me who is this ZSNES? Is he the moderator of this groups or any active member. Please do reply me.
Thanks for your post and stay connect.
nintendo_nerd
Sir Robin the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot

Post by nintendo_nerd »

These bots are getting weirder everyday....
"Just because I don't LISTEN doesn't mean I don't CARE!" -Homer Simpson
badinsults
"Your thread will be crushed."

Post by badinsults »

Probably not a bot, but someone who has absolutely no knowledge of English.
<pagefault> i'd break up with my wife if she said FF8 was awesome
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

I kinda changed the sig, if that wasn't obvious.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Post by adventure_of_link »

Exactly why did we move the whole thread when you guys couldve just plucked out the spambot posts :?

Unless you were gonna make a new one of these. Or something.
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

I am also wondering about that. If no explanation is provided the extra posts will be shooped and the thread moved back from whence it came.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

Fixed, I suppose.
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
panzerstrike

Post by panzerstrike »

I'm glad to see that ZSNES is still in development. I have one question, how is netplay broken (I never got the chance to try it)? Forgive me if its a stupid question, this is my first post here.
badinsults
"Your thread will be crushed."

Post by badinsults »

panzerstrike wrote:I'm glad to see that ZSNES is still in development. I have one question, how is netplay broken (I never got the chance to try it)? Forgive me if its a stupid question, this is my first post here.
Netplay has been broken for a long time, and it is low priority to fix. You have to use older versions.
<pagefault> i'd break up with my wife if she said FF8 was awesome
Yoshiyuki Blade
Rookie

Post by Yoshiyuki Blade »

Though I'd probably lurk around a bit before asking, I would also be very curious on the state of ZSNES just by looking on the "surface."

Anyway, it's awesome to hear that there's still activity going on after all these years. It's been nearly 10 years since I first started posting on the forums on the old Ikonboards :shock:! And I lurked around on the WWW boards for a bit before that. Keep up the good times everyone. :D
I.S.T.
Zealot

Post by I.S.T. »

badinsults wrote:
panzerstrike wrote:I'm glad to see that ZSNES is still in development. I have one question, how is netplay broken (I never got the chance to try it)? Forgive me if its a stupid question, this is my first post here.
Netplay has been broken for a long time, and it is low priority to fix. You have to use older versions.
Re-read him. He asked HOW it is broken. :P
Rashidi
Trooper

Post by Rashidi »

I.S.T. wrote:
badinsults wrote:
Re-read him. He asked HOW it is broken. :P
i also never use netplay nor need it even now. yeah curiousity got me, how it get 'broken' ?
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

The old netplay gave birth to the old ZMV code. Everything was deeply mixed together in the execloop. Both old ZMV bugs and core non-determinism cause netplay desyncs.

To fix that properly, we killed the old code. Netplay won't come back before we have thoroughly tested local ZMV for desyncs in various situations first, which is useless to do before we have a deterministic core.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

panzerstrike

Post by panzerstrike »

grinvader wrote:The old netplay gave birth to the old ZMV code. Everything was deeply mixed together in the execloop. Both old ZMV bugs and core non-determinism cause netplay desyncs.
Thanks grinvader.
Panzer88
Inmate

Post by Panzer88 »

who is this panzer-man imposter!
[quote="byuu"]Seriously, what kind of asshole makes an old-school 2D emulator that requires a Core 2 to get full speed? [i]>:([/i] [/quote]
Tallgeese
Justice is Blind

Post by Tallgeese »

I must be some sort of netplay god, because in all of my years playing ZSNES netplay I can count the number of desyncs on one hand. I'm pretty sure the final number is just two, and they were on Endless Duel.

I never thought they were much of an issue... especially since you can just reconnect and load state. The one and only game I know of where this doesn't work is Treasure Hunter G... which is irrelevant since savepoints are everywhere and i never desynced there anyway.

I also have supposedly mythical and impossible pleasant experiences with PSX netplay for hours on end. With full sound (which is the supposedly mythical and impossible part).

I'm starting to think that the real reason there's one hell of a holdup on multiple netplay fronts is that most emu authors are shut-ins and have no use for netplay. Hah.
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

Metatron wrote:I'm starting to think that the real reason there's one hell of a holdup on multiple netplay fronts is that most emu authors are shut-ins and have no use for netplay. Hah.
Duh. :P
Squall_Leonhart wrote:
You have your 2s, 4s, 8s, 16s, 32s, 64s, and 128s(crash course in binary counting!). But no 1s.
DirectInput represents all bits, not just powers of 2 in an axis.
KHDownloads
byuu

Post by byuu »

In my case, it's that nobody I know in real life is all that interested in a console that has been commercially abandoned for a decade and a half now. When I mention netplay, they think Xbox Live.

I did however manage to talk a coworker into playing some retro games, but only because they were better than the Flash games he was playing before.
Tallgeese
Justice is Blind

Post by Tallgeese »

I actually have a use for netplay beyond 2 player games... I watch my girlfriend play RPGs, it's fun.
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

Metatron wrote:I actually have a use for netplay beyond 2 player games... I watch my girlfriend play RPGs, it's fun.
Strip Final Fantasy?
Squall_Leonhart wrote:
You have your 2s, 4s, 8s, 16s, 32s, 64s, and 128s(crash course in binary counting!). But no 1s.
DirectInput represents all bits, not just powers of 2 in an axis.
KHDownloads
creaothceann
Seen it all

Post by creaothceann »

Gil_Hamilton wrote:
Metatron wrote:I actually have a use for netplay beyond 2 player games... I watch my girlfriend play RPGs, it's fun.
Strip Final Fantasy?
ZSNES needs webcam support...
vSNES | Delphi 10 BPLs
bsnes launcher with recent files list
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

Hmm, why not.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

elitejavi
Rookie

Post by elitejavi »

badinsults wrote:Perhaps it would be a good idea to update the front page. However, I think only _Demo_ can do that. Next time I see him online, I will ask him to make an update.
yeah...
not complaining here, but that seems to be going pretty well, huh?
franpa
Gecko snack

Post by franpa »

It hasn't happened yet because it will jinx the development resulting in progress suddenly ceasing due to life circumstances that just magically appeared.
Core i7 920 @ 2.66GHZ | ASUS P6T Motherboard | 8GB DDR3 1600 RAM | Gigabyte Geforce 760 4GB | Windows 10 Pro x64
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

franpa wrote:It hasn't happened yet because it will jinx the development resulting in progress suddenly ceasing due to life circumstances that just magically appeared.
¬_¬

"Ah, sarcasm. `For what profit is it to a man, if he gains the world and loses his own soul ?` Matthew 16:26 I believe."
皆黙って俺について来い!!