ZSNES is no longer in active development.

General area for talk about ZSNES. The best place to ask for related questions as well as troubleshooting.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

grinvader wrote:
franpa wrote:It hasn't happened yet because it will jinx the development resulting in progress suddenly ceasing due to life circumstances that just magically appeared.
¬_¬

"Ah, sarcasm. `For what profit is it to a man, if he gains the world and loses his own soul ?` Matthew 16:26 I believe."
"Hydro STORM! Hydro STORM! Hydro STORM!"
Squall_Leonhart wrote:
You have your 2s, 4s, 8s, 16s, 32s, 64s, and 128s(crash course in binary counting!). But no 1s.
DirectInput represents all bits, not just powers of 2 in an axis.
KHDownloads
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

Gil_Hamilton wrote:One button press kills everything except galamoth lawl
Sadly, Richter the pimp doesn't get to fight that bible-oriented dracula.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

grinvader wrote:
Gil_Hamilton wrote:One button press kills everything except galamoth lawl
Sadly, Richter the pimp doesn't get to fight that bible-oriented dracula.
Sure he does. He just melts his face off before he can quote anything.
Squall_Leonhart wrote:
You have your 2s, 4s, 8s, 16s, 32s, 64s, and 128s(crash course in binary counting!). But no 1s.
KHDownloads
Mclane
Rookie

Post by Mclane »

Glad to see it's still being worked on, I'll be happy when it's out whenever that may be, I class it as a special treat that comes along once in a while and is always worth the wait.

As for all this online play nonsense, who needs it?

As Byuu said, you think of Xboxlive when it comes to online play, as much of an OLD Snes fan as I am I've never felt the wish to play anyone online. For me the Snes is a personal joy that I want to hog to myself :)

To all those that are still working in Zsnes a huge thanks from myself, not really worth much in the real world but at least you know your work is both appreciated and always worth the wait.
badinsults
"Your thread will be crushed."

Post by badinsults »

Really, when you think about it, the Xband was really the predecessor of Xbox Live. I think it had player's stats, avatars and everything.
<pagefault> i'd break up with my wife if she said FF8 was awesome
Tallgeese
Justice is Blind

Post by Tallgeese »

Mclane wrote:As for all this online play nonsense, who needs it?
People with actual friends to play with.

...I just eliminated 99.9% of the userbase, didn't I.
franpa
Gecko snack

Post by franpa »

I'd play it with people who I speak to regularly on MSN Messenger, I wouldn't care If I know the person personally or not.
Core i7 920 @ 2.66GHZ | ASUS P6T Motherboard | 8GB DDR3 1600 RAM | Gigabyte Geforce 760 4GB | Windows 10 Pro x64
byuu

Post by byuu »

Metatron wrote:People with actual friends to play with.
Lots of people have friends, few people have friends who want to play Super Mario Kart online, let alone at the same time you do. They'd rather come over and play whatever the latest first-person shooter is.

Of all the people I know, only one will even play 2D games, and he pretty much plays them to waste time at work where he can't exactly install ME2 or Crysis, but a 2MB emulator on a thumb stick works well.
odditude
Official tech support dood

Post by odditude »

bah. never used netplay - that's what the extra space on the couch and the second controller are for.

i want to be able to elbow someone in the ribs when they make me fall off a jump in Rock & Roll Racing :D
Why yes, my shift key *IS* broken.
franpa
Gecko snack

Post by franpa »

Metatron wrote:
I think you mean People with no friends. Because they obviously can't get someone over to play it with them, duh.
Core i7 920 @ 2.66GHZ | ASUS P6T Motherboard | 8GB DDR3 1600 RAM | Gigabyte Geforce 760 4GB | Windows 10 Pro x64
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

franpa, quit being an idiot.

odditude wrote:bah. never used netplay - that's what the extra space on the couch and the second controller are for.

i want to be able to elbow someone in the ribs when they make me fall off a jump in Rock & Roll Racing :D
Elbow to the ribs: The only known counter to the Mortal Kombat uppercut juggle.
Squall_Leonhart wrote:
KHDownloads
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

hmm, toasty
皆黙って俺について来い!!

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
CCd
Rookie

Post by CCd »

byuu wrote: Of all the people I know, only one will even play 2D games, and he pretty much plays them to waste time at work where he can't exactly install ME2 or Crysis, but a 2MB emulator on a thumb stick works well.
Probably, you don't know many Retro gamers. I know plenty people willing to play snes games with netplay, but not even considering the option because there's no decent netplay emulator around. (don't call SNES9K decent PL0X) Just imagine the fun of playing games like SoM, SD3, Mario Kart with 4 o 3 friends together. I know loads of people who enjoy playing Metal Slug or Shadow Over Mystara just for the multiplayer factor.
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Post by adventure_of_link »

grinvader wrote:hmm, toasty
You know what they say: all toasters toast toast!
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
byuu

Post by byuu »

CCd wrote:Probably, you don't know many Retro gamers.
Yes, I don't have any real-life retro-gamers that want to play these games online together.

I have a few online friends who might, but I was refuting Metatron's mention of people with actual friends (which implies those not on the internet.)

I don't discount the fun of netplay. It's a nice feature to have.

( EDIT: thank you for being pedantic, Agozer :P )
Last edited by byuu on Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

byuu wrote:Yes, I don't any real-life retro-gamers
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

Agozer wrote:
byuu wrote:Yes, I accidentally didn't the whole any real-life retro-gamers
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Panzer88
Inmate

Re: ZSNES is not dead - Still in development

Post by Panzer88 »

whoa a new forum skin, so someone here is alive?
[quote="byuu"]Seriously, what kind of asshole makes an old-school 2D emulator that requires a Core 2 to get full speed? [i]>:([/i] [/quote]
franpa
Gecko snack

Post by franpa »

Yep, the cult managed to thwart Simon and recover all of Demo's body parts to raise him from beyond the grave to stalk our domain once again.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

it's freaky how fast a belmont pops up right as you think things are going smoothly

damn stalker family
皆黙って俺について来い!!

c.dub

Re:

Post by c.dub »

Tallgeese wrote:

Count me in with the .1% then. Secret of Mana is so much better with 3 people. And with a long distance relationship, its something my gf and I like to do until we see each other again.
Draegur

Re: Re:

Post by Draegur »

c.dub wrote:
Tallgeese wrote:

Count me in with the .1% then. Secret of Mana is so much better with 3 people. And with a long distance relationship, its something my gf and I like to do until we see each other again.
Revival of a dead thread aside, I had to register just because I wanted so VERY badly to say to you directly how FREAKING GREAT an idea that is! I can't BELIEVE I never thought of it! I'm going to share all my roms with my gal, and we're gonna play contra, and Secret of Mana, and... oh geez I haven't played multiplayer in so long I can't even remember what games OFFER multiplayer co-op anymore!

Still,
c.dub, you are a GENIUS and I owe you! THANK YOU!
Silensho
Eternal Witness

Post by Silensho »

Is it true then that every time people use Zsnes to play online an angel gets its wings?

God bless us everyone!
What?
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

Silensho wrote:Is it true then that every time people use Zsnes to play online an angel gets its wings?

God bless us everyone!
The only proper response to that is "I Don't believe in fairies!" repeated a hundred times.
Sing it with me now! Kill all the winged bastards that don't really exist!
Squall_Leonhart wrote:
KHDownloads
CCd
Rookie

Post by CCd »

Silensho wrote:Is it true then that each time a release of Zsnes comes out an angel gets its wings?

God bless us everyone!
of course.