Very N00B...need help

General area for talk about ZSNES. The best place to ask for related questions as well as troubleshooting.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

Sarebare87

Very N00B...need help

Post by Sarebare87 »

So my ex had put ZSNES on my old laptop and I loved it. I want to put it on my new laptop and am having some trouble.

The game files I have are .nes, not .srm - is there a patch or something I can use so that ZSNES will play my .nes files or do I need to find .srm files of the games I want?

If there is a way to play them I need very clear step by step instructions please. Like, so simple a monkey could do it.

THANKS A BUNCH!
Sarah
mudlord
has wat u liek

Re: Very N00B...need help

Post by mudlord »

Hi there!

There seems to be a mixup then. *.nes files can't be run in ZSNES. You want something like Nestopia to load and play *.nes files.

Its not possible to have a patch that makes it possible to play those games or convert them, you need a different emulator.

--Brad.
This person is a fucking douchebag, they should die.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

for more details...

1- .nes files are NES rom images.
2- the SNES cannot run NES games.
3- ZSNES emulates a SNES.
4- .srm are save files, there's nothing to play either.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
paulguy
Zealot

Post by paulguy »

This post lists off a lot of NES emulators that might be good.

http://board.zsnes.com/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 10&t=13746

Just try different ones until you're happy with how it works, runs and has features you need and want, they all seem reasonably good.

For zsnes, most of the files you'll find have an "smc" extension, but there are many more, like sfc or fig are the ones I've run in to. Sometimes the roms may be 7z or zip or rar, and in the case of .zip you may be able to leave it as-is if it only contains 1 file. 7z or rar will need to be unpacked (search for 7-zip).
Maybe these people were born without that part of their brain that lets you try different things to see if they work better. --Retsupurae