View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:38 am



Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
ZSNES 1.53 Changelog 
Author Message
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2004 5:24 am
Posts: 812
Location: In your garden
Reply with quote
Post ZSNES 1.53 Changelog
Here are the changes for the upcoming ZSNES 1.53MR version that should be released soon once I get more feedback from internal testers. This is not a replacement for 2.0. This list is subject to change.

- Removed DirectDraw and replaced it with OpenGL renderer (you will need to reconfigure your video settings if you have an existing config file)
- Netplay is much better now with fewer desyncs and movie playback is much more reliable but still experimental (1.54 should have most of this ironed out)
- Numerous emulation fixes have been incorporated to provide better compatibility and reliablity of the emulator.
- The exploit has been patched.ynt to give better compatibility.
- New S-DSP/SPC core (thanks blargg!)
- SA-1 is probably going to remain unreliable in this release.
- Lots of patches to the GUI and graphics engine to fix rendering problems.
- Linux support should be better now under modern 64-bit systems.
- MS-DOS support has been completely removed (sorry guys).
- Lots of stuff I have forgotten.

ETA for release is this weekend hopefully but right now there is a regression with some popular games so would rather that stuff get fixed.

Again it's a free country so you can use any emulator you want, this is just fanservice.

Thanks.

_________________
Watering ur plants.


Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:20 am
Profile
Buzzkill Gil

Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2005 7:14 pm
Posts: 4247
Reply with quote
Post Re: ZSNES 1.53 Changelog
pagefault wrote:
- MS-DOS support has been completely removed (sorry guys).

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

_________________
Squall_Leonhart wrote:
Quote:
You have your 2s, 4s, 8s, 16s, 32s, 64s, and 128s(crash course in binary counting!). But no 1s.
DirectInput represents all bits, not just powers of 2 in an axis.


KHDownloads


Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:42 am
Profile
Zealot

Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2004 8:36 pm
Posts: 1142
Location: Place.
Reply with quote
Post Re: ZSNES 1.53 Changelog
OpenGL huh? I've messed around with writing GLSL shaders for other emulators, though I have no idea how big of a deal it would be to implement support for it.

_________________
Procrastination.
Hard Work Often Pays Off After Time, but Laziness Always Pays Off Now.


Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:20 pm
Profile
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2004 7:14 pm
Posts: 3534
Location: Nokia Land
Reply with quote
Post Re: ZSNES 1.53 Changelog
What about Direct3D rendering?

_________________
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
Image


Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:32 pm
Profile
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2004 5:24 am
Posts: 812
Location: In your garden
Reply with quote
Post Re: ZSNES 1.53 Changelog
No time to do Direct3D and 2.0 uses EGL anyway.

_________________
Watering ur plants.


Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:49 am
Profile
Rookie

Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:56 am
Posts: 13
Reply with quote
Post Re: ZSNES 1.53 Changelog
Gil_Hamilton wrote:
pagefault wrote:
- MS-DOS support has been completely removed (sorry guys).

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!


aah-hahahaha! looks like 1.51 will be the last version to support MSDOS. :)
I wonder if the upcoming 1.53 release will still work under win95, 98 & me. or will it require using at least windows 2000/xp?


Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:44 pm
Profile
Sir Robin the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot

Joined: Mon May 11, 2009 4:44 am
Posts: 442
Location: USA
Reply with quote
Post Re: ZSNES 1.53 Changelog
What the, how did I miss this thread? :mrgreen: Hope Zsnes 1.53 will be out soon 8)

_________________
"Just because I don't LISTEN doesn't mean I don't CARE!" -Homer Simpson


Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:06 am
Profile WWW
can't make up their mind
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:51 pm
Posts: 79
Location: England
Reply with quote
Post Re: ZSNES 1.53 Changelog
Why exactly does 1.51 have disabled netplay?
Also some people might go to hell now you took off MS-DOS support.

_________________
Dell XPS M1530 PP28L | Intel Core 2 Duo T7250 (2.00GhZ) | NVIDIA GeForce 8600M | 4GB RAM | Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit
Gaminable - sadly doesn't have a snazzy UI like ZSNES's


Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:51 am
Profile WWW
Buzzkill Gil

Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2005 7:14 pm
Posts: 4247
Reply with quote
Post Re: ZSNES 1.53 Changelog
Termingamer2-JD wrote:
Why exactly does 1.51 have disabled netplay?
Also some people might go to hell now you took off MS-DOS support.
Because netplay was completely broken on a fundamental level and needed a complete ground-up rewrite.
If i recall, the code for it was actually removed.

_________________
Squall_Leonhart wrote:
Quote:
You have your 2s, 4s, 8s, 16s, 32s, 64s, and 128s(crash course in binary counting!). But no 1s.
DirectInput represents all bits, not just powers of 2 in an axis.


KHDownloads


Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:01 pm
Profile
Sir Robin the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot

Joined: Mon May 11, 2009 4:44 am
Posts: 442
Location: USA
Reply with quote
Post Re: ZSNES 1.53 Changelog
Termingamer2-JD wrote:
Why exactly does 1.51 have disabled netplay?
Also some people might go to hell now you took off MS-DOS support.


People need to move on from MS-DOS anyways, I mean sure it's a quirky OS and all that, and has nostalgia, but let's be honest here; MS-DOS is barely used anymore and hardly useful for new apps.

_________________
"Just because I don't LISTEN doesn't mean I don't CARE!" -Homer Simpson


Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:07 pm
Profile WWW
Buzzkill Gil

Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2005 7:14 pm
Posts: 4247
Reply with quote
Post Re: ZSNES 1.53 Changelog
nintendo_nerd wrote:
Termingamer2-JD wrote:
Why exactly does 1.51 have disabled netplay?
Also some people might go to hell now you took off MS-DOS support.


People need to move on from MS-DOS anyways, I mean sure it's a quirky OS and all that, and has nostalgia, but let's be honest here; MS-DOS is barely used anymore and hardly useful for new apps.

ZSNES is not a new app, though. :P

_________________
Squall_Leonhart wrote:
Quote:
You have your 2s, 4s, 8s, 16s, 32s, 64s, and 128s(crash course in binary counting!). But no 1s.
DirectInput represents all bits, not just powers of 2 in an axis.


KHDownloads


Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:23 pm
Profile
Sir Robin the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot

Joined: Mon May 11, 2009 4:44 am
Posts: 442
Location: USA
Reply with quote
Post Re: ZSNES 1.53 Changelog
Gil_Hamilton wrote:
nintendo_nerd wrote:
Termingamer2-JD wrote:
Why exactly does 1.51 have disabled netplay?
Also some people might go to hell now you took off MS-DOS support.


People need to move on from MS-DOS anyways, I mean sure it's a quirky OS and all that, and has nostalgia, but let's be honest here; MS-DOS is barely used anymore and hardly useful for new apps.

ZSNES is not a new app, though. :P



Er, either way, people do need to move on from DOS :mrgreen: I just woke up, sorry about that :lol: I look forward to this.

_________________
"Just because I don't LISTEN doesn't mean I don't CARE!" -Homer Simpson


Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:27 pm
Profile WWW
Buzzkill Gil

Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2005 7:14 pm
Posts: 4247
Reply with quote
Post Re: ZSNES 1.53 Changelog
MS-DOS 4 LYFE

_________________
Squall_Leonhart wrote:
Quote:
You have your 2s, 4s, 8s, 16s, 32s, 64s, and 128s(crash course in binary counting!). But no 1s.
DirectInput represents all bits, not just powers of 2 in an axis.


KHDownloads


Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:47 pm
Profile
Sir Robin the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot

Joined: Mon May 11, 2009 4:44 am
Posts: 442
Location: USA
Reply with quote
Post Re: ZSNES 1.53 Changelog
Gil_Hamilton wrote:
MS-DOS 4 LYFE


I'll simply use DOSBox for all my DOS needs ;O;

_________________
"Just because I don't LISTEN doesn't mean I don't CARE!" -Homer Simpson


Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:51 pm
Profile WWW
Buzzkill Gil

Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2005 7:14 pm
Posts: 4247
Reply with quote
Post Re: ZSNES 1.53 Changelog
DOSbox is a poor man's crutch.

_________________
Squall_Leonhart wrote:
Quote:
You have your 2s, 4s, 8s, 16s, 32s, 64s, and 128s(crash course in binary counting!). But no 1s.
DirectInput represents all bits, not just powers of 2 in an axis.


KHDownloads


Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:48 am
Profile
Sir Robin the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot

Joined: Mon May 11, 2009 4:44 am
Posts: 442
Location: USA
Reply with quote
Post Re: ZSNES 1.53 Changelog
Gil_Hamilton wrote:
DOSbox is a poor man's crutch.


True, but we can thank Microsoft for fucking us over by removing all but command prompt in newer OSes -_- That being said, I do miss MS-DOS, I remember learning it extensive back in sixth grade, our teacher back then was freaking awesome. :mrgreen:

_________________
"Just because I don't LISTEN doesn't mean I don't CARE!" -Homer Simpson


Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:16 am
Profile WWW
Buzzkill Gil

Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2005 7:14 pm
Posts: 4247
Reply with quote
Post Re: ZSNES 1.53 Changelog
nintendo_nerd wrote:
Gil_Hamilton wrote:
DOSbox is a poor man's crutch.


True, but we can thank Microsoft for fucking us over by removing all but command prompt in newer OSes -_-

Command prompt is still there. It's just not useful for DOS gaming because the underlying kernel and level of hardware access is completely different. Basically, because it's a completely different OS.

_________________
Squall_Leonhart wrote:
Quote:
You have your 2s, 4s, 8s, 16s, 32s, 64s, and 128s(crash course in binary counting!). But no 1s.
DirectInput represents all bits, not just powers of 2 in an axis.


KHDownloads


Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:51 am
Profile
Sir Robin the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot

Joined: Mon May 11, 2009 4:44 am
Posts: 442
Location: USA
Reply with quote
Post Re: ZSNES 1.53 Changelog
Gil_Hamilton wrote:
nintendo_nerd wrote:
Gil_Hamilton wrote:
DOSbox is a poor man's crutch.


True, but we can thank Microsoft for fucking us over by removing all but command prompt in newer OSes -_-

Command prompt is still there. It's just not useful for DOS gaming because the underlying kernel and level of hardware access is completely different. Basically, because it's a completely different OS.


Yup, it's a stripped down MS-DOS pretty much, I still remember some of what I learned then, surprising as that was what, 18 years ago?

_________________
"Just because I don't LISTEN doesn't mean I don't CARE!" -Homer Simpson


Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:05 am
Profile WWW
Buzzkill Gil

Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2005 7:14 pm
Posts: 4247
Reply with quote
Post Re: ZSNES 1.53 Changelog
nintendo_nerd wrote:
Gil_Hamilton wrote:
nintendo_nerd wrote:
Gil_Hamilton wrote:
DOSbox is a poor man's crutch.


True, but we can thank Microsoft for fucking us over by removing all but command prompt in newer OSes -_-

Command prompt is still there. It's just not useful for DOS gaming because the underlying kernel and level of hardware access is completely different. Basically, because it's a completely different OS.


Yup, it's a stripped down MS-DOS pretty much, I still remember some of what I learned then, surprising as that was what, 18 years ago?

It's not a stripped-down MS-DOS, it's the same command interpreter on an almost completely unrelated OS.

Saying it's a stripped-down MS-DOS is like saying the original Apple Macintosh is a stripped-down Xerox STAR. There's some related history and superficial similarities on the surface, but they're completely different things.

_________________
Squall_Leonhart wrote:
Quote:
You have your 2s, 4s, 8s, 16s, 32s, 64s, and 128s(crash course in binary counting!). But no 1s.
DirectInput represents all bits, not just powers of 2 in an axis.


KHDownloads


Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:58 am
Profile
Sir Robin the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot

Joined: Mon May 11, 2009 4:44 am
Posts: 442
Location: USA
Reply with quote
Post Re: ZSNES 1.53 Changelog
Gil_Hamilton wrote:
It's not a stripped-down MS-DOS, it's the same command interpreter on an almost completely unrelated OS.

Saying it's a stripped-down MS-DOS is like saying the original Apple Macintosh is a stripped-down Xerox STAR. There's some related history and superficial similarities on the surface, but they're completely different things.


Heh, shows what I know, sorry about that :mrgreen: I do know that both Mac OS and Linux are both Unix based, but I've only used Linux and I seem to have an aversion to Apple for various reasons.

_________________
"Just because I don't LISTEN doesn't mean I don't CARE!" -Homer Simpson


Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:16 am
Profile WWW
Buzzkill Gil

Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2005 7:14 pm
Posts: 4247
Reply with quote
Post Re: ZSNES 1.53 Changelog
nintendo_nerd wrote:
Gil_Hamilton wrote:
It's not a stripped-down MS-DOS, it's the same command interpreter on an almost completely unrelated OS.

Saying it's a stripped-down MS-DOS is like saying the original Apple Macintosh is a stripped-down Xerox STAR. There's some related history and superficial similarities on the surface, but they're completely different things.


Heh, shows what I know, sorry about that :mrgreen: I do know that both Mac OS and Linux are both Unix based, but I've only used Linux and I seem to have an aversion to Apple for various reasons.

Both are also different unix clones, with OSX being based on FreeBSD rather than Lunix.

And I was speaking of the original Mac, not a modern one. When Apple made their own hardware, made their own software, and didn't run around marking up IBM clones and shitting up someone else's OS.

_________________
Squall_Leonhart wrote:
Quote:
You have your 2s, 4s, 8s, 16s, 32s, 64s, and 128s(crash course in binary counting!). But no 1s.
DirectInput represents all bits, not just powers of 2 in an axis.


KHDownloads


Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:51 am
Profile
New Member

Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:44 am
Posts: 1
Reply with quote
Post Re: ZSNES 1.53 Changelog
any eta?

any update on 1.53?

mod edit: merged multiple posts.


Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:46 am
Profile
Official tech support dood

Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2006 7:57 am
Posts: 2088
Reply with quote
Post Re: ZSNES 1.53 Changelog
Efften wrote:
any eta?

any update on 1.53?

mod edit: merged multiple posts.

it's not done yet. have patience.

_________________
Why yes, my shift key *IS* broken.


Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:31 pm
Profile
can't make up their mind
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:51 pm
Posts: 79
Location: England
Reply with quote
Post Re: ZSNES 1.53 Changelog
Some people just can't take 8 years of development for a new version which isn't WIP.
(or how many years it's been)

_________________
Dell XPS M1530 PP28L | Intel Core 2 Duo T7250 (2.00GhZ) | NVIDIA GeForce 8600M | 4GB RAM | Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit
Gaminable - sadly doesn't have a snazzy UI like ZSNES's


Sat Nov 07, 2015 7:01 pm
Profile WWW
Official tech support dood

Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2006 7:57 am
Posts: 2088
Reply with quote
Post Re: ZSNES 1.53 Changelog
Termingamer2-JD wrote:
Some people just can't take 8 years of development for a new version which isn't WIP.
(or how many years it's been)

that's their problem.

remember, pagefault has Real Life (TM) to deal with; zsnes development is a diversion, a hobby at best. the same goes for Nach, grinvader, and the other devs who so generously share the fruit of their time and effort with others.

_________________
Why yes, my shift key *IS* broken.


Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:51 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software.