View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:28 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Running ZSNES on Ubuntu 

Post Running ZSNES on Ubuntu
I'm very new to Linux in general and I have no idea of how to run ZSNES on Ubuntu. I believe it is a fairly recent version. Can anyone give me an easy to follow description on how to get it to run?

Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:06 pm
Zealot

Post Re: Running ZSNES on Ubuntu
If it's installed, it's probably in a menu. If it's not in a menu, then you can use the Run Program dialog to run it by typing zsnes in it and pressing enter.

If it doesn't work then I don't know what to say. I've heard of people having issues with it in ubuntu, but I don't use ubuntu.

Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:03 pm
Profile WWW

What I mean is that I read the instructions to install it. I extracted the files into a folder. It then said to run zsnes.exe, but I couldn't find that program. All there is is a bunch of documents in various folders. I have no idea what to do.

Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:21 pm
Zealot

Well, the instructions you're reading are for Windows. I assume you're trying to compile it from source.

Anyone know if the one from Ubuntu works yet? I remember it being broken, or something.

If it works you can go to the package manager (Probably under some kind of Settings or Administration menu.), search for zsnes in there and install it from that. Much easier than trying to compile from source if you're unfamiliar with how to do it. However, if you do want to, you'll need a handful of packages including gcc, nasm, make, libsdl-dev, libpng-dev, some kind of opengl development package (does nvidia/ati ship their own?) and probably some other stuff. There should be instructions on compiling it in Linux somewhere.

Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:25 am
Profile WWW
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

for ubuntu users you point them to that post, lol

Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54

Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:29 am

You know what, screw it! I'll just install windows on another drive and use that version.

Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:19 pm
Regular

If you're using ubuntu you can simply select the APP get store thingie is has. zsnes is a pre compiled file. Just download it and it installs for you right to your programs. Couldnt be any simpler.

Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:57 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]