Problem with aimtrak lightgun for Super Scope

General area for talk about ZSNES. The best place to ask for related questions as well as troubleshooting.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

DarthMarino

Problem with aimtrak lightgun for Super Scope

Post by DarthMarino »

I am trying to use my Aimtrak lightgun for Super Scope games. This functions as a mouse on the desktop with no issues however when I try pointing it at the ZSNES screen (windowed or full screen) it jumps all over the place. My regular mouse and even my trackball mouse function with no problem but I can't figure out how to get the gun to work. I've tried multiple versions and it always does this. This happens with both the crosshairs in Super Scope games as well as arrow cursor in the ZSNES menus. Any help would be appreciated.
paulguy
Zealot

Re: Problem with aimtrak lightgun for Super Scope

Post by paulguy »

Zsnes is funky with absolute pointing devices and may not ever work. Try messing with the sensitivity in the config file.
Maybe these people were born without that part of their brain that lets you try different things to see if they work better. --Retsupurae
DarthMarino

Re: Problem with aimtrak lightgun for Super Scope

Post by DarthMarino »

Hmm. I maxed out the sensitivity and the Lightgun actually worked perfectly as a mouse on the ZSNES interface. The regular mouse would barely move. However, when I started the Super Scope game, the changed setting had no effect and everything behaved the same as before (regular mouse works perfectly while the Lightgun would jump all over). I only saw adjustments for mouse and joystick unless I missed something.