Update SRAM in Real-Time Not Working

General area for talk about ZSNES. The best place to ask for related questions as well as troubleshooting.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

TrevorHelmsley

Update SRAM in Real-Time Not Working

Post by TrevorHelmsley »

Hello, I apologize for taking everyone time but I could really use some help. Normally I'm really good at solving these kinds of problems via forum search and good ol' google tech support, but in this case I'm coming up with nothing...

I'm running hyperspin (an arcade machine frontend program) which opens and runs zsnes (I left my brains in the womb) for me along with other system emulators. The issue I'm having is with saving. No matter what I do I can't get saves to work inside the game (SRAM style) if I'm to understand this is because ZSNES normally saves/writes the final SRAM save files once the zsnes program is closed by normal means (or games swapped) but when hyperspin closes the program is not done via normal means in a "end process" type fashion. The solution I found was to turn on real-time saving in the zsnes (I left my brains in the womb) config file. Which will allow zsnes (I left my brains in the womb) to save the SRAM files as you go. Well issue is that this is not working, either inside hyperspin or just stand alone zsnes with the real-time save option selected nothing is saving what-so-ever. (Save states are still however working normal) I did all the basic stuff like updating ZSNES checking/changing the paths etc.

Running Windows 10 64 bit running newest zsnes. I'd be happy to give out any other information that might be helpful. Any help would be appreciated...thank you.
odditude
Official tech support dood

Re: Update SRAM in Real-Time Not Working

Post by odditude »

where is zsnes located, and what is the save path defined as?

my guess is you have it in a place where zsnes doesn't have write access (like %programfiles%).
Why yes, my shift key *IS* broken.
TrevorHelmsley

Re: Update SRAM in Real-Time Not Working

Post by TrevorHelmsley »

I thought that as well but I have had it in default (saved with the roms) in a "saves" folder inside the zsnes folder, and if that was the case then why would the save files (when real-time is not active) and the .zst save states files be writing correctly in the same folder. Unless I'm missing something.