SAVE problems - autosave

General area for talk about ZSNES. The best place to ask for related questions as well as troubleshooting.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

soujisano

SAVE problems - autosave

Post by soujisano »

Hello guys!

I'm having a little trouble here...

When a use the save/load resource with the F2 and F4 button, the game save/load normally. The problem is when I need the emulator to save the game by itself, in the save option INSIDE the game.

For example: I finished the game "Super Mario World" and after killing the bowser and watching the "THE END" scene, the game stops and forces to reset the rom. After I reset the game It's starts, but don't recognize that I had finish It, only loading in the last saved situation, NOT after I killed the bowser!

I've already marked the "SRAM check+save" option on the emulator.

I hope I made myself clear enough, sorry for any English mistake.
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Re: SAVE problems - autosave

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

If I might ask, what are you expecting of it? It's been a few years, but I don't believe that killing King Koopa has any bearing on the save. A perfect 96-exit save with the star discounts the final battle, unless I'm mistaken.
Squall_Leonhart wrote:
You have your 2s, 4s, 8s, 16s, 32s, 64s, and 128s(crash course in binary counting!). But no 1s.
DirectInput represents all bits, not just powers of 2 in an axis.
KHDownloads
paulguy
Zealot

Post by paulguy »

Yeah, beating bowser makes no difference to the SRAM save. But if he's referring to the game just showing "EMPTY" then I don't really have any specific recommendations other than checking save directory permissions.
Maybe these people were born without that part of their brain that lets you try different things to see if they work better. --Retsupurae
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

After bowser you have the cyan-96 exits label. You can't explicitely save after the fight, and loading the save will always leave you with Bowser left.

That's how it usually went in old games that had no postgame/newgame+ content. First clear break was CT.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Post by adventure_of_link »

grinvader wrote:After bowser you have the cyan-96 exits label.
Actually in the US version it's either *96 or 96*.. I forgot which. Cyan was for the PAL regions.
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

Sucks to be you lol
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

grinvader wrote:Sucks to be you lol
Sucks to be Japan, where they get no star AND no color highlight. They just have to know 96 is a special number.
Squall_Leonhart wrote:
You have your 2s, 4s, 8s, 16s, 32s, 64s, and 128s(crash course in binary counting!). But no 1s.
DirectInput represents all bits, not just powers of 2 in an axis.
KHDownloads