New to Zsnes

General area for talk about ZSNES. The best place to ask for related questions as well as troubleshooting.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

MyShellIsBlue

New to Zsnes

Post by MyShellIsBlue »

I'm trying to fullscreen my game but when I press Alt+Enter My screen turns black and Zsnes closes what should I do? :o :o :o
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Re: New to Zsnes

Post by grinvader »

You should set the fullscreen mode through the config->video menu. Else the default fullscreen may not be compatible with your monitor/drivers combo, which leads to a black screen.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
Yuber
Trooper

Re: New to Zsnes

Post by Yuber »

Are you using Windows 8 or 64-bit 7? I don't get a black screen but unless I'm at 640x480 DR-F I get a horrible amount of slowdown. I guess it's not compatible with my shitty gfx card/drivers, but 9x and anything else that uses DX9+ runs flawlessly with tons of filters/shaders on. HQ3xbold/S or HQ4x with that 5xBR 3.7a shader in 9x looks absolutely wonderful; it's almost like running SNES games in HD. If you can't get ZSNES running properly, I'd go with 9x.

I have absolutely no problems with windowed modes, but FS modes other than the one listed above give me AWFUL slowdown. ZSNES is a good bit faster, but 9x atm has better sound & more filter options.