Zsnes to work with windows Media Centre (Windows 7)

General area for talk about ZSNES. The best place to ask for related questions as well as troubleshooting.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

cruelworld

Zsnes to work with windows Media Centre (Windows 7)

Post by cruelworld »

Hi all,

New guy here, first off big thank you for this emulator its fantastic been using it on my pc for a while now and think its great.

My question however is:

How do I get the Emulator to work from my pc to my TV, searched the forum and the web and noted that it could maybe be done in windows media centre then via my xbox 360. This unfortunately no longer works. So just wondering if anyone could shed some light on how to do it? Or if its even possible.

Many thanks for any help in advance

Cruel
paulguy
Zealot

Re: Zsnes to work with windows Media Centre (Windows 7)

Post by paulguy »

Use TV out (VGA/dvi/HDMI/component or composite/s-video as a last resort) to your TV. You might need to screw with resolutions and possibly refresh rates if your TV is picky (native is best), and might need to mess with TV settings to get the best unfiltered, low latency display. TV out has a lot of traps but once you get it working you're good, and it might take a bit of research to get the best possible experience.

Otherwise, zsnes is fully capable of outputting to a TV as any other program. Also you'll have to set it to clone mode since zsnes can only output to primary display but someones posted a thing called dxgl that might get around that and other directdraw quirks under windows 7.
Maybe these people were born without that part of their brain that lets you try different things to see if they work better. --Retsupurae