Changing the location/removing flash text for save states

General area for talk about ZSNES. The best place to ask for related questions as well as troubleshooting.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Re: Changing the location/removing flash text for save state

Post by grinvader »

As I already said...

Code: Select all

<grinvader> Therocyn: if you can rebuild zsnes from source, sure
<grinvader> lemme dig for the function you wanna alter...
<grinvader> src/video/procvid.asm:1780:NEWSYM copyvid
<grinvader> you want to modify the stuff early on between     je near .nomsg and .nomsg
<grinvader> the     mov esi,192*288*2+32*2 is the position onscreen
<grinvader> and of course, if you don't call the various OutputGraphicString16b*, no text will show up

Although, state save/load messages don't get shown in a rerecorded movie. Just do one and encode it to avi or smth.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
Therocyn

Changing the location/removing flash text for save states

Post by Therocyn »

Can anyone help me with this? My account apparently got pruned the day after I made it and posted this same question. I would greatly appreciate information on how to remove or move the text that comes up when I use the save state option. I had a conversation with someone in IRC that said I would need to edit some code, which I have heard would require the use of the same compiler that was used for the emulator in the first place. I have looked around and can't find anything stating which one that would be.

I'm also unsure of how many posts I would need to make in order to not get my account deleted, or if that was indeed the reason for my account and it's 2 posts being removed. Any elaboration would be awesome. I would like to be a member of this forum, but most of the posts are on topics that are more advanced than my current knowledge. Thanks in advance.
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Post by adventure_of_link »

[MERGED TOP POST IN]

and by making one valid post, you're good. most likely your post got lost in a flood of spam that needed to go through an approval process and sometimes legit posts do get lost. it happens.

and in the future, for anyone else reading this thread it's advisable to e-mail badinsults in order to insure a speedier verification process.
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
Therocyn

Post by Therocyn »

Thank you for the explanation on my account, upon rereading the rules I see the part about sending an Email. I apologize for making as big a deal about it as I did, didn't mean to step on anyone's toes. Also, if I could get an answer about the compiler that I need to use, then that would just about wrap up my post. Again, thanks in advance :), you guys are awesome.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

The important part of my post is that you don't NEED to recompile anything. The save/load messages during a ZMV rerecord session are NOT displayed on replay. Which is what you want to do, if I remember your original post correctly.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54