My 3-year project to make a 3D ZSNES rom launcher

General area for talk about ZSNES. The best place to ask for related questions as well as troubleshooting.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

SM Sith Lord

My 3-year project to make a 3D ZSNES rom launcher

Post by SM Sith Lord »

ZSNES was the first emulator I got into. I didn't have a powerful enough computer to play a lot of games on my PC but ZSNES provided hours of entertainment while sitting at the keyboard. So when I decided to make a 3D media browser to launch my games and movies from, I made damn sure that ZSNES was supported.

Today I was finally able to release a 100% free version of my 3-year project to create a 3D frontend that is so easy to use that anybody can just pick it up & play, yet so powerful that even I want to keep using it. It's called SMAR•CADE: Anarchy Edition and you can download & play it right now for free. All you need is Steam and SMAR•CADE itself.

I'll put a couple links at the end, but you'll need to know some extra 1-time steps to get ZSNES up and running in it:
  • The first thing you should do is go to it's Collect Reward's screen and activate ZSNES's profile.
  • Now when you spawn your games, you can choose ZSNES as the "Open With" program.
  • Just try to launch the rom and it will ask you where your ZSNES executable is.
  • Then you're ready to play and never have to worry about configuring it again.
YouTube Video: How To Play SMAR•CADE for FREE
ModDb Profile: SMAR•CADE: Anarchy Edition
Download Link: Click here (about 4.5 GB total)

I've also got it on Steam Greenlight so there's a chance we can turn it into a published game and build a stronger community.
Hope you can enjoy this as much as I do!
odditude
Official tech support dood

Re: My 3-year project to make a 3D ZSNES rom launcher

Post by odditude »

4.5GB?! what the holy hell are you doing that requires that kind of space?
Why yes, my shift key *IS* broken.
kode54
Zealot

Post by kode54 »

A correction: The downloads he provides are 97MB. Only you'll need about 4.5GB worth of stock Source Engine resources, as it is a Source mod.
SM Sith Lord

Post by SM Sith Lord »

That's correct, you need 4.5 gigs total but if you already have Steam and the Source engine installed, it's only about 100MB.

It's a full-on game engine, gives you a very immersive experience.