Chrono Trigger sound problem

General area for talk about ZSNES. The best place to ask for related questions as well as troubleshooting.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

Noxious Ninja
Dark Wind

Post by Noxious Ninja »

Oops. I meant to put 4.7.
[u][url=http://bash.org/?577451]#577451[/url][/u]
FistOfFury
Hazed

Post by FistOfFury »

Solution: Dump Chronic Trigger and play a better game. :lol:
ThunderClaw
I know where you live.

Post by ThunderClaw »

FistOfFury wrote:Solution: Dump Chronic Trigger and play a better game. :lol:
Shut the hell up
FistOfFury
Hazed

Post by FistOfFury »

Noxious Ninja wrote:Maybe it's just me, but I downloaded SNEeSe 0.831 Win32, and whenever I run it, it just flashes the screen and quits.
It's not just you, I just tried to run it on the other computer here and it does the same thing.
FitzRoy wrote:Wow, sneese is good with the sound. Never tried it out before, but it handled chrono trigger and castlevania iv's sfx rape just about perfect.
Yea, I downloaded it the other day after I saw everyone talking about it here, loaded some roms (Killer Instinct, Chronic Trigger, FF3, Bahamut, etc), and the sound/music was surprisingly pretty good. Don't like the interface though.
snkcube
Hero of Time

Post by snkcube »

FistOfFury wrote:
Noxious Ninja wrote:Maybe it's just me, but I downloaded SNEeSe 0.831 Win32, and whenever I run it, it just flashes the screen and quits.
It's not just you, I just tried to run it on the other computer here and it does the same thing.
FitzRoy wrote:Wow, sneese is good with the sound. Never tried it out before, but it handled chrono trigger and castlevania iv's sfx rape just about perfect.
Yea, I downloaded it the other day after I saw everyone talking about it here, loaded some roms (Killer Instinct, Chronic Trigger, FF3, Bahamut, etc), and the sound/music was surprisingly pretty good. Don't like the interface though.
I don't like the interface either.
Try out CCleaner and other free software at Piriform
VexingVelocity

Found a solution...kinda.

Post by VexingVelocity »

Hi!

I have this problem as well, I think. Although I did not know it was limited to Chrono Trigger only. I would also very much appreciate some help with this... the sound is really iffy sometimes. It's not some constant erroneous sound, but certain effects come out very bad. A very obvious one is when I am in the Heckran cave, for example; there's supposed to be some background ambience and water flowing, but all I hear is a semi-high-pitched noise. Sound effects when attacking are also not quite as I remember them to have been before, as well as the effect of monsters dying. Is that similar to your problem, spoofer?
Well a friend of mine was using ZSnes version 1.31b to play Chrono Trigger and I noticed that none of her sounds were distorted and sounded very crisp and clear compared to mine. So, I tried out 1.31b on my machine and it pretty much worked out the same way, sounds are much better now. Only problem is that version 1.31b seems to like to crash my machine every 20 minutes, so now I have a whole new problem to deal with *sigh*. -_-;;
snkcube
Hero of Time

Re: Found a solution...kinda.

Post by snkcube »

VexingVelocity wrote:
Hi!

I have this problem as well, I think. Although I did not know it was limited to Chrono Trigger only. I would also very much appreciate some help with this... the sound is really iffy sometimes. It's not some constant erroneous sound, but certain effects come out very bad. A very obvious one is when I am in the Heckran cave, for example; there's supposed to be some background ambience and water flowing, but all I hear is a semi-high-pitched noise. Sound effects when attacking are also not quite as I remember them to have been before, as well as the effect of monsters dying. Is that similar to your problem, spoofer?
Well a friend of mine was using ZSnes version 1.31b to play Chrono Trigger and I noticed that none of her sounds were distorted and sounded very crisp and clear compared to mine. So, I tried out 1.31b on my machine and it pretty much worked out the same way, sounds are much better now. Only problem is that version 1.31b seems to like to crash my machine every 20 minutes, so now I have a whole new problem to deal with *sigh*. -_-;;
Well, 1.31b is a tad bit old so there will be problems. And someday, ZSNES will get fixed on the CT sound problem.
Try out CCleaner and other free software at Piriform
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

"tad bit" is an understatement to the max.

[/captain obvious]
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
blackmyst
Zealot

Post by blackmyst »

After reading this topic, I decided to play with SNEeSe a bit. I also downloaded SNESGT while I was at it.

I've noticed that both of those actually play Mario's spinning jump sound and fireball sound correctly, whereas both ZSNES and Snes9x have trouble churning them out.
[size=75][b]Procrastination.[/b]
Hard Work Often Pays Off After Time, but Laziness Always Pays Off Now.[/size]
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

You oughta give Super Sleuth a try.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
Zuzma

Post by Zuzma »

grinvader wrote:You oughta give Super Sleuth a try.
When it finally gets sound output I'll be all over it. I dunno I've always been more into the sound then how well the graphics look but I guess I'm just weird like that.
blackmyst
Zealot

Post by blackmyst »

Haha, you got me all "super sleuth has sound now? /zOMG!11"

I know about it. It's pretty awesome. But I was just trying to find a few emulators with sound to compare. ;)
[size=75][b]Procrastination.[/b]
Hard Work Often Pays Off After Time, but Laziness Always Pays Off Now.[/size]
FitzRoy
Veteran

Post by FitzRoy »

Yeah, I think the sound bothers me the most at this point as well. Maybe a pipe dream, but if the devs could take anything from sneese's sound code, we'd have some great synergy. I'd probably stop using my hardware snes altogether finally.