parallel world cheats (LOZ)

General area for talk about ZSNES. The best place to ask for related questions as well as troubleshooting.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

benyet
-Burninated-

parallel world cheats (LOZ)

Post by benyet »

I turned off the cheat for 20 hearts. I deleted the code. I reloaded the game, and still the extra hearts won't go away, HELP! thanks. Benyet
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Re: parallel world cheats (LOZ)

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

Yeah, the number of heart tanks you have is permanently saved. Turning off a cheat code won't undo a permanent upgrade. It's like turning off a nine lives cheat and expecting your lives to instantly revert to 3.

You need a NEW cheat for whatever number of heart tanks you wanted instead of 20.
Squall_Leonhart wrote:
You have your 2s, 4s, 8s, 16s, 32s, 64s, and 128s(crash course in binary counting!). But no 1s.
DirectInput represents all bits, not just powers of 2 in an axis.
KHDownloads
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

Not entirely right. The problem comes from the save.
Adding a code in zsnes stores the current value under 'PV', and it's restored when the code is removed. However, that's not what he did. He saved with the code enabled (which stored the altered value in the sram), and then loaded that save without the code active to begin with (which left the altered value).

Anyway, as Gil mentions you can fix yourself by redoing the same thing with a code that sets the right amount of whatever you want before saving, killing the code, and loading the save.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
Yuber
Trooper

Post by Yuber »

Yeah, make a SS right before you put in your cheats. If something gets fucked up, just turn the codes off & load state. I watched an LP of this hack a few years ago, and I can't blame you for cheating because it looks ungodly hard. It's a pretty cool, interesting hack but I wish ROM hackers would try to balance difficulty more often. It's a shame the hackers made it so fucking hard, because PW is impressively ambitious & comprehensive.

Same can be said for "Brutal Mario" or whatever the fuck it's called in Japanese. It has so many awesome bosses ripped from other games, but it's so fucking hard that only experts and cheaters can really enjoy it.