Convert Movie Dump: ZSNES (ZMV) to SNES9X (SMV)

General area for talk about ZSNES. The best place to ask for related questions as well as troubleshooting.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

Omega
Rookie

Convert Movie Dump: ZSNES (ZMV) to SNES9X (SMV)

Post by Omega »

Hello everyone.

I have recorded a playthrough of my favourite game "Super Turrican II" with ZSNES 1.51. I noticed during the recording that ZSNES has some display issues with this particular game. These small graphic glitches don't appear in SNES9X 1.53 and I would really like to play back my hard worked movie with SNES9X.

Is there a way to convert the movie dump to the other format?
All I found out so far is that ZSNES uses ZMV files while SNES9X uses SMV files and SNES9X refuses to load the ZMV format.

Is there a nifty little program that does the converting? Or can someboy help me changing the file so that SNES9X accepts it?

Greetings,
Omega
Ωɱɛɡɑ
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Re: Convert Movie Dump: ZSNES (ZMV) to SNES9X (SMV)

Post by grinvader »

ZMVs and SMVs are not movies in the classical sense, and rely on the emulation cores to replay the games. SNES9x and ZSNES are not compatible enough for this to happen, which means that, even if you were to transform a ZMV into the right SMV format, it would very likely fail to replay correctly in SNES9x.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
Omega
Rookie

Post by Omega »

Ah, gee, that's too bad. I suspected that.
In this case i'll play it again sometime with SNES9x and try to be as good as before.
But, nonetheless, thanks for posting.
ZSNES is still my favourite SNES emulator and I switch to SNES9x only when it's necessary.

BTW: Are you one of the ZSNES developers? I'm not often in this forum but I have noticed a lot of informative posts come from you.
Ωɱɛɡɑ
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

I am the mighty Zprinny, dood.

Although, not much of the current zsnes comes from my hand.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54