Bind combos to a single key?

General area for talk about ZSNES. The best place to ask for related questions as well as troubleshooting.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

JohnnyTheWolf

Bind combos to a single key?

Post by JohnnyTheWolf »

Hello all,

I'm having trouble pulling off combos in a fighting game (Ninja Warriors) and I was wondering if there's a way to bind a key combination to a single key with ZSNES.

For example, I'd like to to bind the following to the Left Button of my controller: Y,Y,Y,Y,(up+Y)

Can someone help me with my problem?

Thanks in advance
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Re: Bind combos to a single key?

Post by grinvader »

Might want to read the documentation before asking how to use an existing feature.

>misc >key comb.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
JohnnyTheWolf

Post by JohnnyTheWolf »

I already know about the key comb option, but I can't get my combinations to work. :(

EDIT: Bizarrely enough, I was able to create a working macro for "Down+B", but still no such luck with "Y,Y,Y,Y,Up+Y".
paulguy
Zealot

Post by paulguy »

Just remember that the delays are in frames, and there's 50 or 60 frames per second, so make sure to tweak the timing until it works well, and timing too fast it might not work.
Maybe these people were born without that part of their brain that lets you try different things to see if they work better. --Retsupurae
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

JohnnyTheWolf wrote:I already know about the key comb option, but I can't get my combinations to work. :(

EDIT: Bizarrely enough, I was able to create a working macro for "Down+B", but still no such luck with "Y,Y,Y,Y,Up+Y".
Make sure you use the right button icon. 'Press Y' will not let it go, so the snes doesn't see 4 presses but only one.
Use press+release, 1 frame, or press, 1 frame, release, 1 frame.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54