ZSNES 1.51 Released!

General area for talk about ZSNES. The best place to ask for related questions as well as troubleshooting.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

filouk
Rookie

Post by filouk »

I don't even see why people call it "adding" and "extra 'line'" honestly, you are just displaying the entire screen area, why not? a lot of games there is no such 'line' it just continues the last segment of the game screen.

Good point. I totally agree.
Cloud950mhz

Netplay

Post by Cloud950mhz »

Net play doesn't work can someone tell me how to fix this problem. i just downloade v151
snkcube
Hero of Time

Re: Netplay

Post by snkcube »

Cloud950mhz wrote:Net play doesn't work can someone tell me how to fix this problem. i just downloade v151
Netplay was removed in 1.50. Don't expect it to return in a while.
Try out CCleaner and other free software at Piriform
Panzer88
Inmate

Post by Panzer88 »

Cloud950mhz wrote:Net play doesn't work can someone tell me how to fix this problem. i just downloade v151
sorry man but this has been out for AWHILE, there are for more pressing matters that they are dealing with right now.
[quote="byuu"]Seriously, what kind of asshole makes an old-school 2D emulator that requires a Core 2 to get full speed? [i]>:([/i] [/quote]
Blasingame
Hazed

Post by Blasingame »

just download zsnes 1.42 Fixed and sticky! :lol:
franpa
Gecko snack

Post by franpa »

Blasingame wrote:
just download zsnes 1.42 Fixed and sticky! :lol:
wrong xD ! download 1.42n
Core i7 920 @ 2.66GHZ | ASUS P6T Motherboard | 8GB DDR3 1600 RAM | Gigabyte Geforce 760 4GB | Windows 10 Pro x64
Faumdano

Post by Faumdano »

Windowed mode mouse trapping is totally broken. On or off, your mouse can escape the window once and only once, thereafter it can never exit the zsnes window again without having to quit.
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

Faumdano wrote:Windowed mode mouse trapping is totally broken. On or off, your mouse can escape the window once and only once, thereafter it can never exit the zsnes window again without having to quit.
It is supposed to be harder to move it out, not prevent it from moving out. That is how it works.
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
Faumdano

Post by Faumdano »

Deathlike2 wrote:
Faumdano wrote:Windowed mode mouse trapping is totally broken. On or off, your mouse can escape the window once and only once, thereafter it can never exit the zsnes window again without having to quit.
It is supposed to be harder to move it out, not prevent it from moving out. That is how it works.
I tried as hard as I could to escape (sliding my mouse as fast as I could at max acceleration across my entire desk). The first few times are fine, they work as I'm sure the team intended, however after playing any game for as little as 30 seconds it is thereafter impossible for the mouse to escape the zsnes window (or rather you can escape once, but only once). I thought it might just be a fluke and tried restarting zsnes only for the same result.

This happens under windows xp for me.
Faumdano

Post by Faumdano »

I think I've narrows the problem down a little bit. It seems to only happen when the windows IME is used in another program while zsnes (btw i'm too stupid to learn the name of the emulator) is running (more specifically the Japanese IME in Firefox).
Raedien

Why did I bother?

Post by Raedien »

Hello everyone, Raedien here. Long time lover of zsnes.

I'm also your basic n00b when it comes to the technical. I can follow specific orders but I play console games for a reason. I would love to learn more about computers but I'm more of a writer, not a technician/engineer.

Now, I've enjoyed playing old games on my computer via zsnes for the past 4 years using an old version (sadly I don't recall which). No problems with it what-so-ever.

Surfing around I noticed that a new version had been released and for some reason decided to download it. What could be the harm right?

Well, 1.51 works pretty well...until I loaded up my favorite fighter, Gundam Wing: Endless duel.

I have a good rom. I have always been thankful to whoever gave it to me because I've read about other problems (like the intro bug).

When I loaded up 1.51, I immediately noted the intro bug. NO!

No biggie, as long as it plays fine...which is does. Except for a flickering on the screen where the intro bug is most common (about 1/4 down from the top).

I tried restarting and reinstalling, default configurations, etc.

I then downloaded zsneswv1.30r1.01 and it runs perfect.

I just want help, I don't expect a solution from this post alone, I know you guys prefer far more specific/technical information.

Tell me what to do, in basic english, and I'll do my best.

I just really want GW:ED to work without flaw. I could probably just stick to 1.3 but I havn't had time to test my other games yet so I figure it woudl be better to get the latest version running.
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

IIRC, This problem has been reported countless times over. I suggest you wait for ZSNES 1.60.
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
Raedien

Post by Raedien »

The intro-bug, yes, I'm not so sure about the play-flicker although I assume it's a logical extension of the same issue.

How long until the release of 1.6?

(Love the Ava BTW.)
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

Raedien wrote:How long until the release of 1.6?
It's done when it's done, don't ask.
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
Raedien

Post by Raedien »

Agozer wrote:
Touchy subject on the boards?

Alright, I'm satisfied. I've trusted zsnes for over 4 years, I can use 1.3 for now. ^_^

(Keep up the great work everyone!)
snkcube
Hero of Time

Post by snkcube »

Raedien wrote:
Agozer wrote:
Touchy subject on the boards?

Alright, I'm satisfied. I've trusted zsnes for over 4 years, I can use 1.3 for now. ^_^

(Keep up the great work everyone!)
The question has been asked so many times throughout the board's history. It's pretty annoying to hear it all the time.
Try out CCleaner and other free software at Piriform
Raedien

Post by Raedien »

*nods*

S'cool, I was just wondering if there was a quick fix for this other than using an older version. I don't get why it doesn't work with a newer version.

Oh well, just a bit of hard drive clutter, no biggie.

Thanks again
Rae
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

Raedien wrote:I don't get why it doesn't work with a newer version.
Core and timing changes. Intended to fix emulation problems, but unfortunately it can also introduce new ones.
Last edited by Agozer on Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Post by adventure_of_link »

irrelevant but meh:

also the removal of hacks to make the games work
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
Panzer88
Inmate

Post by Panzer88 »

So um, is pagefault still alive?
[quote="byuu"]Seriously, what kind of asshole makes an old-school 2D emulator that requires a Core 2 to get full speed? [i]>:([/i] [/quote]
Nach
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Nach »

Panzer88 wrote:So um, is pagefault still alive?
I just spoke to him like 5 minutes ago, why shouldn't he be?
May 9 2007 - NSRT 3.4, now with lots of hashing and even more accurate information! Go download it.

Post by Panzer88 »

i dunno, haven't seen him around in awhile. Just wondering. I know he's a busy guy.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

Honestly, browsing the forums isn't the best motivation ever, unless you get a kick off ripping variable amounts of your own organs from your body through the closest natural orifice.

And I don't think pagefault gets a kick out of that.

Coders are doing their best and are now preparing. Please wait warmly until it is ready...

And cookies to all the non-⑨ people who get the reference(s)
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
Panzer88
Inmate

Post by Panzer88 »

my sencere appology, I had just recently become aware of the zsnes 2.0 plan. thank you all for your hard work though!
Johan_H
Starzinger Addict

Post by Johan_H »

grinvader wrote:Coders are doing their best and are now preparing. Please wait warmly until it is ready...
And cookies to all the non-⑨ people who get the reference(s)
Touhou.
I don't know what the hell "⑨" is, so cookie for me then?