View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:34 pm

Reply to topic  [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
ZSNES 1.51 Released! 
Inmate

i see nothing wrong with a clipping option. why look at something you never knew existed? sure the snes drew it, but you never saw it. why see it now? just to show off the accuracy of your program?

Sat Jan 27, 2007 3:07 pm
Gecko snack

they say that it IS visible on a TV tho... maybe i did.... if i did i would know it, but as some have pointed out... the line is not showing correctly anyways... so maybe when the line gets fixed i wont find it annoying.

Sat Jan 27, 2007 3:25 pm
Profile WWW
Rookie

Sat Jan 27, 2007 5:34 pm
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Deathlike2 wrote:
Edit: Never mind, pf said it was intentional. So, it seems to work just fine then... DOS port does need more testing unfortunately...

So the garbage on the right and bottom side is intentional? Please explain :?

The filter itself overflows, so a line has to be hidden. ZSNES didn't do a really good job of that before, but now that is fixed. However, the garbage had to be dealt with separately and that is fixed as well.

However, the bottom line is not a filter related issue (unless you're talking about it having a slight black streak, but that's intentional because of how the filter works).

Sat Jan 27, 2007 5:50 pm
Seen it all

However, the bottom line is not a filter related issue (unless you're talking about it having a slight black streak, but that's intentional because of how the filter works).

So the filter uses black for pixels that are outside of the source image?

Just fyi, to avoid these darker lines vSNES creates a temporary source buffer that has the array bounds [-1..239+1, -1..255+1] and fills the extra lines with the source data.

Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:34 pm
Profile WWW
Rookie

I was all happy to see that one of the new features in ZsNes 1.51 was the ability to view all 224 lines... But when I tried it, I was all disappointed because that is not true, the bottom line is still missing and appears in black. :(

Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:27 pm
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

I was all happy to see that one of the new features in ZsNes 1.51 was the ability to view all 224 lines... But when I tried it, I was all disappointed because that is not true, the bottom line is still missing and appears in black. :(

pagefault wrote:
Using the old gfx engine displays the correct output. We are working on a fix right now.

Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:30 pm
Gecko snack

im also using latest version from SVN all the time filouk.

Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:43 pm
Profile WWW
Inmate

great job guys, I already posted bugs in the bug thread, lots of fun, thanks for the updates and I'm looking forward to the next release, the bugfixes, and eventually the new core, can't wait :D

Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:03 am
Profile WWW

Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:53 am
Rookie

Bah. For all those people in this thread insisting that the bottom 'garbage' line is a good thing because it's what the original SNES did; hardly. It's very annoying and sticks out a mile in certain cases, especially if you're in fullscreen with a black border. If perfect emulation were so important, graphics and sound filters wouldn't exist, nor would save states, speedup, movies, etc. There's no reason an emulator can't offer *enhancements* to the original, as well as pure emulation. Below are some examples of the 'garbage' line being annoying. I request a feature in the next ZSNES version, in the video options, to clip the bottom line (as was done in previous versions of ZSNES, by the way).

Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:17 pm
Veteran

That's an emulator bug, Jez. It should be fixed, not covered up.

Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:35 pm
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

filouk wrote:

pagefault wrote:
Using the old gfx engine displays the correct output. We are working on a fix right now.

Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:29 pm
Veteran

I request a feature in the next ZSNES version, in the video options, to clip the bottom line (as was done in previous versions of ZSNES, by the way).

Perhaps instead of clipping it there can be an option to mask it with a black line, or something.

Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:35 pm
Profile WWW
Randomness

The extra line doesn't look so bad when using a stretched 4:3 resolution like the real SNES uses, as it is right at the bottom of the screen, rather than some other aspect ratio with borders (i.e. not how it looked on the original NTSC SNES).

Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:42 pm
Profile WWW
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

I'm sure everyone is so glued to the bottom of the screen at all times. Seriously, it is not the end of the world.

Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:06 pm
Justice is Blind

Honestly the overreaction is coming from the other side.

Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:44 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Rookie

Congratulations for the latest Release in a so little time after the 1.50 version.
I must say that I agree with the previous posters about the bottom line subject.
Just as we can go for the exact emulation of Snes system as we would have on tv screen such as low resolution, no graphic filters, raw sound etc.., or we can go for a modified and modern way with more eye candy and improvements such as 2xsai,hq(x)x filters, interpolated and low-pass filtered sound ; we should just be able to disable or enable the bottom line. In order to make it more suitable for different emulation tastes.

Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:06 am
Seriously, the last line is a non-issue. I've had it enabled in my emulator for about a year now, and not one person has complained about it. Given I may not have such a large userbase; but all 4,000 games were tested with it, and maybe ~1% of them show something visually distracting at the bottom scanline. When it gets fixed, nobody will even notice it. Wait for it to get fixed, and then if it still bothers you, ask for a clipping option.

And to reiterate:
pagefault wrote:

Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:16 pm
Trooper

Post many thanx
i would like to thank to ZSNES dev. team, you guys are awesome!

new option about save state, is great, now TH-G play better with properly with save state,
move save state 10 to 100 is great too! (though i prefer named save state)

when killing / deleting all config file, it is a good thing that ZSNES not start in "D" mode anymore, since my buggy video driver can't cope with it in windowed mode :oops:

now about (black) 1 pixel last-line in below, now snapshot doesn't include that line, so creating game's overworld map from game's snapshot has become slight simpler.

thank you for considering many of our pesky request, ZSNES is awesome!!

Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:08 am
Gecko snack

Seriously, the last line is a non-issue. I've had it enabled in my emulator for about a year now, and not one person has complained about it. Given I may not have such a large userbase; but all 4,000 games were tested with it, and maybe ~1% of them show something visually distracting at the bottom scanline. When it gets fixed, nobody will even notice it. Wait for it to get fixed, and then if it still bothers you, ask for a clipping option.

And to reiterate:
pagefault wrote:

i understand which is why i have stopped asking about it... if snes9x shows all lines then you are correct that the last line wont annoy me once it gets fixed up.

Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:35 am
Profile WWW
Inmate

if people really are bitching about it so much would it bet that hard to create an option either way? I really don't care, I mean, hell it's you emulator.

Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:55 am
Profile WWW
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

There will be an option. The default will be to show the last line. For the last time, stop complaining.

Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:04 am
Trooper

It's gonna get fixed, and then needing to clip the line won't be necessary/wanted anymore.

Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:04 am
Profile WWW
Hazed

Aero the Acro-Bat is OK now, thanks!!! :D

Sun Feb 04, 2007 9:28 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next