Ubuntu Zsnes executing from Mounted share

General area for talk about ZSNES. The best place to ask for related questions as well as troubleshooting.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

gner

Ubuntu Zsnes executing from Mounted share

Post by gner »

Hello, long time windows user just moved over to linux. I downloaded zsnes from the ubuntu repo and have mounted a win7 share full of rom via smb in th fstab. I can see and access these files from a terminal and other less featured emulators (bsnes, snes9x which have there even more configuration complications).

My issues is that zsnes wont access these mounted shares? Wont see the from a file load rom nore a passed as an option in cli execution. Any advice? Would compiling from source help clear up this issue?
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Re: Ubuntu Zsnes executing from Mounted share

Post by grinvader »

ZSNES doesn't currently support samba shares (or anything that can't be accessed with local filesystem calls).
Recompiling current source will not help this.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
Truth Unknown
Regular

Post by Truth Unknown »

In Windows a directory symbolic link (MKLINK /D ".\local link" "//remote/target") would work for ZSNESw, but I have no idea if something similar is possible in a Linux environment.
paulguy
Zealot

Post by paulguy »

Mounted filesystems shouldn't appear any differently to zsnes as any other file/directory. I'd say make sure you're not trying to use a GVFS or KIO mount but you said you're using fstab so that's not the case. Pretty odd. Also yes linux has symlinks (ln -s TARGET LINK_NAME) but I don't know that that'd help in this situation.
Maybe these people were born without that part of their brain that lets you try different things to see if they work better. --Retsupurae