ZSNES resetting itself to an earlier stage

General area for talk about ZSNES. The best place to ask for related questions as well as troubleshooting.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

Jonas

ZSNES resetting itself to an earlier stage

Post by Jonas »

Can anybody help me?

I was playing Final Fantasy III, when suddenly one time I turned it on, all my recent saves, both in-game and with the F2 were gone. I could only find saves from a much earlier time, which I thought I had overwritten. In fact even the ZSNES itself appears to have been reset to an earlier stage. I can see it, because the Config suddenly is, how I kept it a couple of weeks ago.

Does anybody know, what has happened, and if it is possible to recall my more recent ZSNES, who remembers all its saves? The saves are in fact saved in a folder, but ZSNES won't open them, or maybe I just don't know how..
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Re: ZSNES resetting itself to an earlier stage

Post by grinvader »

Did you revert to a previous state using system restore for some reason ?
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Re: ZSNES resetting itself to an earlier stage

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

Changed the configs too?

Either you have two separate ZSNES installations, or you somehow reverted your files to a prior state.
One of these can be recovered from(find the RIGHT ZSNES). The other is, sadly, permanent.
Squall_Leonhart wrote:
You have your 2s, 4s, 8s, 16s, 32s, 64s, and 128s(crash course in binary counting!). But no 1s.
DirectInput represents all bits, not just powers of 2 in an axis.
KHDownloads