starting BSNES with menu bars disabled?

Anything else related to bsnes goes there.
jperkins79

starting BSNES with menu bars disabled?

Post by jperkins79 »

Is it possible? I'm talking about when you open up BSNES and hit the Escape key to make the menu bar and status bar disappear. Is there a .cfg file setting to make this happen?

If not, is there any possible way to send an automatic keyboard command to BSNES to make it happen after the application loads? I've tried SendKeys commands via VBScript and AutoHotKey, but no luck. The keyboard commands get lost in limbo when trying to send them to BSNES, though they get sent to other applications (like Notepad and Internet Explorer/Firefox) just fine.

Has anyone else had any luck with this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
byuu

Post by byuu »

Nope, sorry. Been discussed a lot, but I'm not adding that. Modify the source if you really need it.

It won't capture your VB sendkeys because it doesn't listen for window messages. It polls the input devices directly.
jperkins79

Post by jperkins79 »

byuu wrote:Nope, sorry. Been discussed a lot, but I'm not adding that. Modify the source if you really need it.

It won't capture your VB sendkeys because it doesn't listen for window messages. It polls the input devices directly.
Thanks for the reply. But, not even a command-line argument to disable them, in the future?

I saw a post here the other day showing how to disable them in the code, so I guess that's where I go now. Again, thanks for the reply/clarification.