SPC player from bsnes

Anything else related to bsnes goes there.
SmartOne
Tool

SPC player from bsnes

Post by SmartOne »

You should make a plugin for Winamp. bsnes is the best Super Nintendo sound emulator! :D 8)

You know, with all your free time.
Last edited by SmartOne on Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
franpa
Gecko snack

Post by franpa »

http://board.zsnes.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=11473

This uses the same engine that BSNES uses.
Core i7 920 @ 2.66GHZ | ASUS P6T Motherboard | 8GB DDR3 1600 RAM | Gigabyte Geforce 760 4GB | Windows 10 Pro x64
SmartOne
Tool

Post by SmartOne »

How does it compare to SNESamp? GME is pretty good, but Nezplug++ is better for all those 8-bit formats, like NSF, as far as I can tell. That's why it would be nice to have a stand-alone (and updated :) ) player.
franpa
Gecko snack

Post by franpa »

Well, IIRC is is better then SnesAMP. anyways, I was just answering your question which was in regards to have a snes music player that uses the same thing bsnes does.
Core i7 920 @ 2.66GHZ | ASUS P6T Motherboard | 8GB DDR3 1600 RAM | Gigabyte Geforce 760 4GB | Windows 10 Pro x64
FitzRoy
Veteran

Post by FitzRoy »

foo_gep can do it in foobar. People still use winamp? Wasn't that bought out by aol and turned into garbageware?
SmartOne
Tool

Post by SmartOne »

foo_gep is inaccurate for many formats. Winamp isn't garbage if you know how to use it.
Awakened
Rookie

Post by Awakened »

Winamp's still cool. Just avoid the emusic bundles when downloading (look on their official forums for links to the _full clean version). Also spend some time in the install looking over what plugins you actually want. It can run around 20 MB of RAM with a classic skin and without some of the RAM hogging plugins.

I would like a new stand-alone SPC plugin myself. I tried GME, but it barely has any options and I didn't think SPC's sounded as good as they do in SNESAmp. idk why, I think bsnes sounds great :/
FitzRoy
Veteran

Post by FitzRoy »

I wouldn't know about how it handles other formats, your post didn't mention you cared about that. But it does use the equivalent spc emulation of what's in bsnes right now.

PS, I'm probably going to move this to bsnes general.
SmartOne
Tool

Post by SmartOne »

FitzRoy wrote:I wouldn't know about how it handles other formats, your post didn't mention you cared about that.
Is someone grumpy?

That's what discussion is for!
Verdauga Greeneyes
Regular

Post by Verdauga Greeneyes »

He does have a point though, you should give warning before you change the topic :P
SmartOne
Tool

Post by SmartOne »

Verdauga Greeneyes wrote:He does have a point though, you should give warning before you change the topic :P
I don't have to mention every single detail I want to discuss when I post a new thread. Relax, people.
FitzRoy
Veteran

Post by FitzRoy »

The topic never had anything to do bsnes development, that's why I moved it. Nothing personal or antagonistic about it, stop reading into posts that way.
SmartOne
Tool

Post by SmartOne »

I tried out in_mgme.dll, and it doesn't even support RSN RAR archives! :cry:

And because it supports mutliple formats, I can't pick and choose which plugins to use for specific formats without removing conflicting plugins from the Winamp Plugin directory. For example, AamirM injected his VGM player (which is the most accurate yet) into in_gme.dll, and obviously that conflicts with in_mgme.dll. NEZplug++ is the most accurate player for 8-bit formats, so that conflicts.

This is why a stand-alone player would be ideal.
SmartOne
Tool

Post by SmartOne »

SmartOne wrote:
FitzRoy wrote:I wouldn't know about how it handles other formats, your post didn't mention you cared about that.
Is someone grumpy?

That's what discussion is for!
My grievance had nothing to do with you moving the thread.
Last edited by SmartOne on Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I.S.T.
Zealot

Post by I.S.T. »

Yes, it was necessary. The bsnes dev forum is for bug reports, discussion of how of how the SNES works(http://board.zsnes.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=11804 example), reports on how bsnes' development is doing, etc etc. WTH are you thinking?
SmartOne
Tool

Post by SmartOne »

SmartOne wrote:Relax, people.
Be nice. Courteous.
End of conflict and back on the topic. If it strays at all, the world will end.
End of conflict.
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

Stop whining about a thread move, particularly when it doesn't belong in the original subforum.
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

. . . is assistance needed ?
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Post by adventure_of_link »

whip out the banstick
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
Awakened
Rookie

Post by Awakened »

Doing some in_gme testing, I think what I don't like about the SPC playback in it is that it doesn't sound as loud or clear as SNESAmp. It's probably something I'd get used to though and not notice the difference after a while. Powell from the Seiken Densetsu 3 set sounds better on GME. In SNESAmp it and a few other SD3 tracks sounded like their bass was cut out for some reason.

I think if GME had title formatting, tag editing and maybe some volume options I'd switch to it. But barring that, a new SPC specific plugin with all or at least most of the features of SNESAmp and the accuracy of bsnes' core would be optimal.
SmartOne
Tool

Post by SmartOne »

Awakened wrote:Doing some in_gme testing, I think what I don't like about the SPC playback in it is that it doesn't sound as loud or clear as SNESAmp. It's probably something I'd get used to though and not notice the difference after a while. Powell from the Seiken Densetsu 3 set sounds better on GME. In SNESAmp it and a few other SD3 tracks sounded like their bass was cut out for some reason.

I think if GME had title formatting, tag editing and maybe some volume options I'd switch to it. But barring that, a new SPC specific plugin with all or at least most of the features of SNESAmp and the accuracy of bsnes' core would be optimal.
My main issue with SNESamp is the scratchiness that happens occasionally. Also, it doesn't sound nearly as full as bsnes.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

adventure_of_link wrote:whip out the banstick
Waiting for input from this board's userbase, sorry.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Post by adventure_of_link »

grinvader wrote:
Waiting for input from this board's userbase, sorry.
oh, it's ok man I didn't know :(
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
Verdauga Greeneyes
Regular

Post by Verdauga Greeneyes »

I don't think that's necessary ... as far as I can tell SmartOne is taking this just a little too seriously, and interpreting our jokes as serious comments despite an array of emoticons :P

As for an spc plugin based off bsnes' sound core, bsnes uses blargg's sound core with some modifications to accomodate the emulator's design, and he offers the original source to it on his website (though I can't remember where that is).. if someone here knows how to make winamp plugins actually making one shouldn't be overly difficult. I think the main problem is that most people are either fine with SNESAmp or prefer kode54's foobar2000 plugin.
SmartOne
Tool

Post by SmartOne »

Verdauga Greeneyes wrote:I don't think that's necessary ... as far as I can tell SmartOne is taking this just a little too seriously, and interpreting our jokes as serious comments despite an array of emoticons :P
An array? If it only contains one element. There was one emoticon directed at me, and it was yours. :roll: :D (<<< That indicates that I'm not taking this "too seriously.")