Title bar icon downsampling in XP/Vista

Archived bsnes development news, feature requests and bug reports. Forum is now located at http://board.byuu.org/
henke37
Lurker

Post by henke37 »

I say, make each version by hand. It's pixel art, you can't expect a computer to do that properly.

Btw, if any of you need a real icon editor, I recommend Mircoangelo.
creaothceann
Seen it all

Post by creaothceann »

Seconded. Version 5.56's trial period can be easily renewed when you know where it stores the info... :wink:
vSNES | Delphi 10 BPLs
bsnes launcher with recent files list
Dullaron
Lurker

Post by Dullaron »

How come bsnes won't let me choose my own icon and png? It only show on outside of bsnes.exe only. Maybe my Vista is fucking something up? Is there some kind of protection that byuu done? :roll:

byuu.ico and byuu.png

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YVNU9H6D
Window Vista Home Premium 32-bit / Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.40Ghz / 3.00 GB RAM / Nvidia GeForce 8500 GT
Verdauga Greeneyes
Regular

Post by Verdauga Greeneyes »

Dullaron wrote:How come bsnes won't let me choose my own icon and png? It only show on outside of bsnes.exe only.
The current icon is hard-coded into bsnes using some nifty compression techniques; windows can change what it looks like on the outside, but the about window will still load the internal one.
Dullaron
Lurker

Post by Dullaron »

Oh ok. I see now.
Window Vista Home Premium 32-bit / Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.40Ghz / 3.00 GB RAM / Nvidia GeForce 8500 GT
FitzRoy
Veteran

Post by FitzRoy »

Well, the icon downsamples perfectly well from a 256x256 source image, so there's no sense in hand doing everything. But I will look into another icon program. It's hard to care about decrepit icon standards that are about to go the way of smallpox. We're just putting makeup on a pig here.
byuu

Post by byuu »

Nope, still having the same problem with the icon on Win2k :(

I believe it's because the icon is missing the 256-color version that v031 had. There's only four icons inside the set, instead of eight.
FitzRoy
Veteran

Post by FitzRoy »