Idea: bsnes logo contest

Archived bsnes development news, feature requests and bug reports. Forum is now located at http://board.byuu.org/
Panzer88
Inmate

Post by Panzer88 »

I would if I knew what a DAer was
[quote="byuu"]Seriously, what kind of asshole makes an old-school 2D emulator that requires a Core 2 to get full speed? [i]>:([/i] [/quote]
Next Gen Cowboy

Post by Next Gen Cowboy »

The site is almost irrelevant to the conversation. Taking Byuu's official picture, or a crossknights (altered to have a generic look, and to cut down on detail) would look very good in generic "Links" place.

The other option from that is to go with a profile view ala; Valkrie Profile, or a more boxy square look. Simply ideas being thrown around, certainly not something worth derailing a thread over.

Also I believe DA'ers was a typo for FA'ers, but I may be wrong.
FirebrandX
Trooper

Post by FirebrandX »

I'm going to fire up 3DS Max and give a shot at some logos. Not resizable, but I can render any size byuu needs should he like the results. I'll post later on when I have some finished.
NES NTSC palette file:

http://www.firebrandx.com/downloads/fbx2pal.zip
byuu

Post by byuu »

Next Gen Cowboy wrote:Also I believe DA'ers was a typo for FA'ers, but I may be wrong.
The two are synonymous for each other. It's all furry art either way :P
creaothceann
Seen it all

Post by creaothceann »

Not all of it.
vSNES | Delphi 10 BPLs
bsnes launcher with recent files list
Next Gen Cowboy

Post by Next Gen Cowboy »

I think a mistake is being made, the site is dedicated mostly to fan translated games (hence a BL shrine). It has a name with sexual connotations but I assure you that is not what it is about. The other 99.9% of the internet however =p

My comments about the site being irrelevant were made because, the place had been known to have a bad reputation (again not the sexual type)
gllt
NO VOWELS >:[

Post by gllt »

Lets clear the fog.

DA DeviantArt, drama and fun trolling, bad shoop and some windows hacks, some bigheaded artists and really cool trolls, "debatable furry art (catgirls)", the only jokes are on them

FA FurAffinity, furry art, drama but trolling is never fun it died years ago, no shoop, bigheaded artists and some loners who don't care, non-debatable furry art (cats) and inside jokes

(INSERT)CH (INSERT)CHAN all of the above, but subversively

OT OffTopic everything related to the above if it's in this thread

Fog cleared, continue.
kode54
Zealot

Post by kode54 »

gllt

Post by gllt »

kode54 wrote:devianTART?
Where is my manngers, TART is correct. Though, encyclopediadramatica would provide more TART informatory.
byuu

Post by byuu »

No worries about derailing this thread a little bit. Once I figure out something to offer for a winning logo, I'll make a locked sticky thread for the contest and use that to post the submitted images. Once we have them all, we can do a poll or something to find the winner.

Oh, I didn't mean to imply there was anything wrong with blackmyst's artistic talent. His pseudo-Link is definitely way super cool! Was just mentioning commissioning someone as a possible option in case we end up looking for a specific style.
creaothceann wrote:Not all of it.
No kidding, really? :P
Next you're going to be telling me that some white men actually can jump :o
gllt

Post by gllt »

Everyone from Africa is black.
henke37
Lurker

Post by henke37 »

I feel that the extreme accuracy should somehow be part of the design. Of course, this is very easy to say, but it's nearly impossible with such an abstract concept as accuracy.
diminish

Post by diminish »

Yesterday ircing's idea, which I see, gllt liked :D, neither it is sophisticated enough for this project nor good enough, but you might take a look:
clicky1

EDIT:
clicky2 (mgs4 promo style which I like, couldn't be used though, I think)
clicky3 first meets the second
Last edited by diminish on Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.
FitzRoy
Veteran

Post by FitzRoy »

byuu wrote:
Would be a lot easier if you had chosen a name like DragonSNES or MagicSNES.
SlowNESs, (S's can be slugs / snails)
Or a celeron with a big "NO YOU" above it.
Fras
Hazed

Post by Fras »

Behold! The culmination of... whatever. Anyway, I clearly win the day.

pic
FirebrandX
Trooper

Post by FirebrandX »

I finished mine. It took a little more work than I expected, so I'm pooped out. Anyway, I decided to combine some themes together: SNES controller hardware, byuu's love of shaoran, byuu's love of lowercase, and some sillyness with the font and design. The logo is a one-handed controller (for when your other hand is busy) :P

NES NTSC palette file:

byuu

Post by byuu »

FirebrandX wrote:The logo is a one-handed controller (for when your other hand is busy) :P
That is ... wrong on so many levels :P
henke37 wrote:I feel that the extreme accuracy should somehow be part of the design.
We'll store it 48-bit TIFF format at 4x printing size, so that even downloading the logo will take forever ;)
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Post by adventure_of_link »

FirebrandX wrote:I finished mine. It took a little more work than I expected, so I'm pooped out. Anyway, I decided to combine some themes together: SNES controller hardware, byuu's love of shaoran, byuu's love of lowercase, and some sillyness with the font and design. The logo is a one-handed controller (for when your other hand is busy) :P

http://www.firebrandx.com/downloads/bsnes.png
Nice logo, now if only you can trim away the excess black...

so far this is the best logo I've seen ITT, nothing personal.
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
FirebrandX
Trooper

Post by FirebrandX »

My apologies. I had meant to take care of that but forgot. I've trimmed the image and re-uploaded it.

BTW, byuu, since I rendered everything as 3D models, its real easy to change the face-plate texture if you have any preferred images.
NES NTSC palette file:

adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

FirebrandX wrote:My apologies. I had meant to take care of that but forgot. I've trimmed the image and re-uploaded it.
It's all good bud. :) NOW that looks like a logo to me. Good work. :)
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
FitzRoy
Veteran

Post by FitzRoy »

I like blackmyst's the best so far.

Firebrand's is quite large and the letters are like 5% of the logo. I also think combining digital art with a photographed object looks strange. blackmyst also gets bonus points for doing his own drawing.
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

FitzRoy wrote:Firebrand's is quite large and the letters are like 5% of the logo.
is it really THAT hard to download and install IrfanView (or perhaps some other image shrinker) then shrink the logo till it's right? :roll:

ps using imageshack is fine too
FitzRoy wrote:I also think combining digital art with a photographed object looks strange.
Well, in a technical sense, once you take elements out of photographed art and put it in digital art, isn't it digital art in itself?
NSRT here.
gllt

Post by gllt »

IF ITS NOT 100% ORIGINAL CONTENT
ITS NOT CONTENT
FitzRoy
Veteran

Post by FitzRoy »

adventure_of_link wrote:
FitzRoy wrote:Firebrand's is quite large and the letters are like 5% of the logo.
is it really THAT hard to download and install IrfanView (or perhaps some other image shrinker) then shrink the logo till it's right? :roll:
K, but that doesn't change the proportion of it that is text.
Well, in a technical sense, once you take elements out of photographed art and put it in digital art, isn't it digital art in itself?
I don't care what you call it, something with photorealistic detail looks odd next to a cartoon character. I don't understand what the controller dpad adds to anything anyway, it just blocks his face and it doesn't resemble a controller with or without it.
Last edited by FitzRoy on Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

I still don't see how it's odd, but whatever. to each his own.

that being said, is that chuck norris or something in your avatar?
NSRT here.