Sound getting more buggy with time

Found a bug? Please report it, but remember to follow the bug reporting guidelines.
Missing a sane feature? Let us know!
But please do NOT request ports to other systems.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

michikaze

Sound getting more buggy with time

Post by michikaze »

I can hear some static noise appearing with music after a few minutes of play. Usually I just restart zsnes then it gets too annoying. Tryed to change sound configs at random, but that didn't helped. Linux.
sadia

Re: Sound getting more buggy with time

Post by sadia »

If anyone here is super tech savy and really knows what he's doing, has skype and teamviewer, i would greatly appreciate any help you guys can offer, and please give it some thought before responding. Thanks
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

We do not provide help through Skype. We may or may not provide help at all.
Personally, I don't have a clue what the problem is. It's not one I've ever experienced, and I'm inclined to blame your system.

Also, setting minimum requirements on what fans are ALLOWED to attempt to help you is pretty shitty.

Alsoalso, you should most absolutely 100% NOT be offering to allow random strangers remote control of your computer. The very fact that you think TeamViewer is a good idea tells me you need to take a few steps away from your computer and rethink your entire approach to life.

It also tells me you don't want help with your problem, you just want someone to fix it for you. Which is not a good sign.
Though it's definitely more polite than ranting about how you don't know computers, don't want to know computers, and we need to just fix your shit and not try to explain what's wrong or offer things you can try(yes, that's happened before).
Squall_Leonhart wrote:
You have your 2s, 4s, 8s, 16s, 32s, 64s, and 128s(crash course in binary counting!). But no 1s.
DirectInput represents all bits, not just powers of 2 in an axis.
KHDownloads
michikaze

Post by michikaze »

sadia wrote:and please give it some thought before responding
No.

By the way. I also though about recording an sample of audio output, but I don't know how and too lazy/retarded to google it myself. Maybe it would be easier for someone to figure out by hearing the problem.
paulguy
Zealot

Post by paulguy »

I've had that problem in the past. Don't know what the solution was. Wouldn't be surprised if zsnes still has trouble with pulseaudio in some way. I know you can switch between libao and SDL audio output, one or the other might do the job. I don't remember how, and it might be at compile-time.
Maybe these people were born without that part of their brain that lets you try different things to see if they work better. --Retsupurae